The "area" does give up deer, bear, elk....

But.... you need to remember that there are hundreds upon hundreds of kilometers or roads, never mind the trails.

You can go in off the Coq and come out at Coalmont or Tulameen.

Huge area, all ages of clear cuts....

In some areas, I do believe that the CO's put in traffic lights (rabbit Mountain), that is how much traffic it gets, same with Lodestone Lake, huge draw for the quads, usually non hunters.

Try doing it like us old guys had to do it, go for a drive and hit any/all FSR's that you see, look for sign, glass and drive.

But first off make sure you know how to hunt. I have sent and taken people over the years up where i go, they end up seeing nothing, while I have seen several animals. Make sure you know how to spot pieces of deer, rarely will you see the whole deer.

One thing to remember is if you do go up there and get into the back country, the weather does come in real fast, watch it as you can get into trouble fast. A few times we have gone to bed and the temp was high teens, t-shirt weather, only to wake up with 18" of snow.

I will be up there several times over the next 6 weeks, probably could be I won't see one of you!