Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sight in Location

Sight in Location

Okay I have been wanting to join a Gun Range but then Covid hit and they were closed and then not taking new members, time limits and so on . Now I think most are no guests and time limits .
    I need time !
    I really can’t see paying a full years membership this year and them come January pay again .I will wait till next year .

So having said all that can any of you guys recommend a place on crown land to take my time and sight in some rifles that’s not 3 hours away ?

PM me if you do not want to disclose on the site . I would clean up the paper , brass and anything I leave behind I’m like that !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sight in Location

Thompson mountain does allow guests its not that busy there most days so you probably could spend more then 2 hours there if you wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Noreasny View Post
    Thompson mountain does allow guests its not that busy there most days so you probably could spend more then 2 hours there if you wanted
    Thank you for this info! Going to join a range in the new year as not many of them are taking guests at the moment, but can't justify spending $200+ now and then again in January.

Just checked their website and they say that time might be limited to 2 hours if busy, so I guess try to go during slow times OP.

You could probably find a forestry road out by Harrison and let er rip. Drive out Lougheed hwy and turn left at sasquatch inn. I used to go up Stave lake area but it is now a no shooting zone. I also had a spool of fishing line that said 100 yards so was easy to measure from target back to the rifle.

I hear you about the range membership !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedust View Post
    Thank you for this info! Going to join a range in the new year as not many of them are taking guests at the moment, but can't justify spending $200+ now and then again in January.

Just checked their website and they say that time might be limited to 2 hours if busy, so I guess try to go during slow times OP.

I think the West side of Harrison is no shooting unless your hunting I have to read the regulations again I guess it is to avoid Yahoos from shooting at other recreationalists !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    You could probably find a forestry road out by Harrison and let er rip. Drive out Lougheed hwy and turn left at sasquatch inn. I used to go up Stave lake area but it is now a no shooting zone. I also had a spool of fishing line that said 100 yards so was easy to measure from target back to the rifle.

East side of Harrison, go deep and should find a spot, bring a range finder and forget the fishing line, much easier for setting different distances.

11K up Harrison West. A long down hill, round the big puddle on the left, over the short bridge and the first left after that, about 2K straight thru up. Go straight thru the clearing/intersection about 200metres. On the right. There's targets at 25M and a hill at 135M. Slightly uphill. The "No Shooting" is 400metres on either side of Harrison West.
    Last edited by Ghilliesuit; 09-28-2020 at 07:44 PM.

I think you lost me LOL !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghilliesuit View Post
    11K up Harrison West. A long down hill, round the big puddle on the left, over the short bridge and the first left after that, about 2K straight thru up. Go straight thru the clearing/intersection about 200metres. On the right. There's targets at 25M and a hill at 135M. Slightly uphill. The "No Shooting" is 400metres on either side of Harrison West.

"The Range" in Langley has no covid guest restrictions. At least none that I have seen and I was there yesterday and Sat. Membership is yearly from the day/month you join. (ie) my membership comes due 28th of Oct. They are Currently taking memberships as i watched a guy signup and get his picture taken yesterday. Used to be a member at Mission but travel time from Surrey was killing me.