Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sight in Location

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Sight in Location

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Okay I have been wanting to join a Gun Range but then Covid hit and they were closed and then not taking new members, time limits and so on . Now I think most are no guests and time limits .
    I need time !
    I really can’t see paying a full years membership this year and them come January pay again .I will wait till next year .

So having said all that can any of you guys recommend a place on crown land to take my time and sight in some rifles that’s not 3 hours away ?

PM me if you do not want to disclose on the site . I would clean up the paper , brass and anything I leave behind I’m like that !
    Arctic Lake
    Hey A.L.
    I have access to a local range.......now did you get that new scope mounted ?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I was at a hidden small town range on the island last summer. Nobody around, all by myself. Coulda done this at any range though; it takes 125 of my paces from the bench to the 100 yard target. No fishing line or range finder required. I don't have one anyway.

[QUOTE=Ghilliesuit;2200458]Do you know where Harrison West (Sts'ailes) is? The Sasquatch Inn? Morris Valley Road? Harrison West Forest Service Road? Go "up" Sts'ailes FSR
    (Harrison West) until approx. 10K, at the top of the hill, go down the hill, around a big puddle on the left, over the bridge that goes over a small stream---are you with me so far---good, after the bridge, go approx 1k, then on the first spur, turn left. Go up the spur approx. 1.5-2K until you go thru an intersection---you good so far---approx. 300metres past the intersection that you went straight thru, on your right is an almost level shooting spot. You will see targets at 25M and 100+M.[/QUOTE
    Whatever….

Quote Originally Posted by Ghilliesuit View Post
    Do you know where Harrison West (Sts'ailes) is? The Sasquatch Inn? Morris Valley Road? Harrison West Forest Service Road? Go "up" Sts'ailes FSR
    (Harrison West) until approx. 10K, at the top of the hill, go down the hill, around a big puddle on the left, over the bridge that goes over a small stream---are you with me so far---good, after the bridge, go approx 1k, then on the first spur, turn left. Go up the spur approx. 1.5-2K until you go thru an intersection---you good so far---approx. 300metres past the intersection that you went straight thru, on your right is an almost level shooting spot. You will see targets at 25M and 100+M.
    Whatever…your first directions were whacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Getbent View Post
    Whatever…your first directions were whacked.
    Hard to follow directions for sure lol. Seeing as how the location is being disclosed on an open forum, GPS coordinates would be a LOT easier to understand. Also far less work that typing out the whole step by step directions, simple copy and paste.

If a location is still needed I know a spot that's good for up to 300 yards and within 90 minutes of Langley. Recently found another spot that's good for 600 to 1800 yards that's within 2 hours of Langley

I appreciate all the information fellas I found a place up the west side of Harrison !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Hi WF . I’m going to join the Mission range . BIL wants to join as well . He’s not a hunter but has a few firearms for SHTF scenario .
    I still don’t have the scope mounted I’m a terrible procrastinator ! I need to get it done ! No LEH for moose this year so I’m going to go after deer again ,somewhere ! Hope all is well with you !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Hey A.L.
    I have access to a local range.......now did you get that new scope mounted ?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Hi WF . I’m going to join the Mission range . BIL wants to join as well . He’s not a hunter but has a few firearms for SHTF scenario .
    I still don’t have the scope mounted I’m a terrible procrastinator ! I need to get it done ! No LEH for moose this year so I’m going to go after deer again ,somewhere ! Hope all is well with you !
    Arctic Lake
    Drop by anytime we can get that mounted up, you can do it and I’ll slap you around until it’s done properly !!!!
    yeh best just to join the range and be done with it.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Ha Ha Ha ! Thank You for the offer !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Drop by anytime we can get that mounted up, you can do it and I’ll slap you around until it’s done properly !!!!
    yeh best just to join the range and be done with it.