Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sight in Location

Re: Sight in Location

Thanks for that Stresd !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Stresd View Post
    "The Range" in Langley has no covid guest restrictions. At least none that I have seen and I was there yesterday and Sat. Membership is yearly from the day/month you join. (ie) my membership comes due 28th of Oct. They are Currently taking memberships as i watched a guy signup and get his picture taken yesterday. Used to be a member at Mission but travel time from Surrey was killing me.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Stresd View Post
    "The Range" in Langley has no covid guest restrictions. At least none that I have seen and I was there yesterday and Sat. Membership is yearly from the day/month you join. (ie) my membership comes due 28th of Oct. They are Currently taking memberships as i watched a guy signup and get his picture taken yesterday. Used to be a member at Mission but travel time from Surrey was killing me.
    I believe the OP wants to sight in his rifle. I think your limited to 30m at that range. Not exactly a place to sight in a hunting rifle IMO but to each their own.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    I think you lost me LOL !
    Arctic Lake
    Do you know where Harrison West (Sts'ailes) is? The Sasquatch Inn? Morris Valley Road? Harrison West Forest Service Road? Go "up" Sts'ailes FSR
    (Harrison West) until approx. 10K, at the top of the hill, go down the hill, around a big puddle on the left, over the bridge that goes over a small stream---are you with me so far---good, after the bridge, go approx 1k, then on the first spur, turn left. Go up the spur approx. 1.5-2K until you go thru an intersection---you good so far---approx. 300metres past the intersection that you went straight thru, on your right is an almost level shooting spot. You will see targets at 25M and 100+M.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreasny View Post
    Thompson mountain does allow guests its not that busy there most days so you probably could spend more then 2 hours there if you wanted
    just a heads up this range is 50m...

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedust View Post
    just a heads up this range is 50m...
    it’s a 100 yards

Thompson Mountain members have a choice of two ranges one is 100yds&50yds, the other range is only100yds. If you are on a day card your limited to the public range 50yds.Aday card is 42$

Quote Originally Posted by colt52 View Post
    Thompson Mountain members have a choice of two ranges one is 100yds&50yds, the other range is only100yds. If you are on a day card your limited to the public range 50yds.Aday card is 42$
    My bad, I should have been specific about Day card*** Thanks

Hey Arctic,
    Are you in the lower mainland .?

I go to either of the below spots, I found them just looking and hunting.
    it is 2 + hours though.
    but what I like about both spots is your 110-120 kms/hr until you turn off the highway.

From Hope, Go up the Coquihalla to Coquihall lake road, take a right, and head in 15-20 minutes, lots of clearings.
    Or
    From Hope, go up the # 1, to Boston bar, follow the switch back up to higher elevation on the east side of the highway, lots of open areas to sight in 200-300 yards.

hope that helps

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    I also had a spool of fishing line that said 100 yards so was easy to measure from target back to the rifle.
    They make these cool things called “rangefinders” nowadays. Very convenient for determining distances without having to respool your string!

🤣
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    You could probably find a forestry road out by Harrison and let er rip. Drive out Lougheed hwy and turn left at sasquatch inn. I used to go up Stave lake area but it is now a no shooting zone. I also had a spool of fishing line that said 100 yards so was easy to measure from target back to the rifle.
    LMFFAO! Spool of fish line to measure out a shooting range ! RJ