Thread: Savage Arms service

Savage Arms service

I own a Savage model 11 Hunter with a Leopold VX2 in 308, which I am very happy with and is my go to rifle for nearly 7 seasons. But last season I forgot to remove the trigger guard right before I startmy hunt. So I started the painful process to break my trigger guard. It was no problem as it was plastic and as a result only took me a few minutes.

Fast forward to today, for the sake of safety I started the process to get it fixed and called Savage for a part number and cost...long story short the kind folks at Savage took my information and said, " it is on the house, have a nice day." To my surprise I said, are you sure? Their reply, "it is just a trigger guard."

This warmed my heart and further secured my loyalty to the brand. Thank you Savage, I love my rifle and now your service.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Savage Arms service

Geeez that’s deserving of the Good News Thread !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by mjplewak View Post
    I own a Savage model 11 Hunter with a Leopold VX2 in 308, which I am very happy with and is my go to rifle for nearly 7 seasons. But last season I forgot to remove the trigger guard right before I startmy hunt. So I started the painful process to break my trigger guard. It was no problem as it was plastic and as a result only took me a few minutes.

Fast forward to today, for the sake of safety I started the process to get it fixed and called Savage for a part number and cost...long story short the kind folks at Savage took my information and said, " it is on the house, have a nice day." To my surprise I said, are you sure? Their reply, "it is just a trigger guard."

This warmed my heart and further secured my loyalty to the brand. Thank you Savage, I love my rifle and now your service.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

For the $$$ I find their rifles to be very accurate...good to hear their service is good..

I love to hear a "good news" story about service in Canada. Amazing how cheaply they can buy good advertising, and yet so few do it.
    Good for Savage.

I agree. A couple of years ago I purchased a Savage for my daughter from Mark at Nechako. When the rifle arrived I found that the holes for the bases had not been tapped properly and the screws wouldn’t go in. A phone call and a couple of pictures to Mark was all it took. The next day the Savage rep picked the rifle up from my house. Two days later it was delivered back, fixed up with the scope mounted and bore sighted plus a ball cap to boot. Simply outstanding.

You broke the trigger guard? Like off of the gun? Or yoh had to break a trigger LOCK off the gun?

I have a Savage too. My trigger guard is stainless steel. I paid for it from Boyd's as the last thing I wanted to happen was trip and break the plastic guard sending a shot down the pipe. https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/acces...ard-matte8eb36

I haven’t used their service, but I’ve been hunting with a Savage Axis 111 30.06 for quite a few years. It is definitely the most affordable rifle in my gun locker, and sees the field 10x more than any other. I love the fact that I don’t have to baby it - it can get beat up/scratched and I don’t stress. Shoots just as straight as the more expensive rifles at the ranges I hunt within.