Thread: BC MooseTracker App 2020

BC MooseTracker App 2020

Biologists and Moose need your help:

Hunting season has kicked off and people are heading out into the woods in search of moose. You can help contribute to moose monitoring and management in BC by downloading the BC Moose Tracker app and submitting your sightings. With more information in hand biologists are better able sustainably manage hunting opportunities for all.

A summary of recent data can be found in the attached infographic. One of the key take aways is we need more people contributing information to the app to get quality data to allow for identification of population trends.

The app is available for iOS and Android devices. A link to the download pages is here:www.gov.bc.ca/wildlifehealth/moosetracker

More info including a chance to win a hat and frequently asked questions: http://nprg.ca/2020/09/bc-moose-tracker-app-2/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC MooseTracker App 2020

Ive been using this for a few years.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I cannot figure out how to download this to my computer.
    And what is an android????

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    I cannot figure out how to download this to my computer.
    And what is an android????
    Its not for your PC at all. Its for your mobile device either android phone or iphone. That is what an android is.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

They're also holding a contest to give away free hats to people that send a screen shot of the app on your phone to moosetracker@gov.bc.ca
    You have until October 31 to enter.