Thread: Moose LEH 5-02D Morehead Lake Area

Moose LEH 5-02D Morehead Lake Area

Hi all,

So, one of our (relatively inexperienced) group drew the Oct 1-14 Bull Moose LEH for 5-02D. Unfortunately, due to the time constraints of life we're limited to just a few days of hunting. We'll be heading out to the spot the day before opener and will be packing up on the evening of the 3rd of October. We're looking at hunting the eastern reaches of the zone and probably will base out of Morehead Cabins near Likely. I'm wondering if any of the much more experienced folks on this forum have any advice they'd be willing to share with this newcomer.

Any advice or pointers are welcome and I certainly don't expect anyone to give out any honey holes or such. I've read a bit on the forum about the zone and it seems like it does see a lot of pressure. We're definitely hoping he'll be able to cut his tag but nonetheless the experience will be invaluable regardless of whether he's successful or not. We're also looking to possibly capitalize on the any buck season for both mulies and white-tails. What're the chances we'd be able to tag a buck or two while in that part of the zone?

Once again, any and all advice, tips or pointers are welcome! Thanks in advance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose LEH 5-02D Morehead Lake Area

Hunt high elevations unless it snows. See a cow, watch for a bull. Try a bull grunt, don't over do it. Good luck!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"