Thread: Terrible Taxidermy experience (South of PG)

Terrible Taxidermy experience (South of PG)

Shot my first Bear that I felt good enough to drop the 1700 on to get rugged last Oct. Taxi welcomed it. Said 8 months. after 9 months I tried getting a hold of him and no answer. Finally got through and I am pretty sure he threw it together as quickly as he could. I told him its for the wall and he simply glue gunned the hide to the felt. It's falling apart and looks terrible after a month on the wall. Have to send it to another Taxi to get get hand stitched properly.

Asked if there is anything he is willing to do before I share with others, he offered me 15 percent off my next mount.....yeah so here I am.

If you'd like to know who PM me.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Terrible Taxidermy experience (South of PG)

Should be fair game to post the name for all to see, be a shame for others to pay for shitty work.

I think the best way is to post the name of the Taxidermy and also a picture of the job done. So we can judge. In this way, it is fare for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by JcNemo View Post
    I think the best way is to post the name of the Taxidermy and also a picture of the job done. So we can judge. In this way, it is fare for both parties.
    Agree with this.

Damn that is a shitty go. I dont understand why a craftsman couldn't just come clean about the timeline. I'd much rather wait a little longer for something to be done properly than have a rushed patch together job. I agree with the others, post the name and pictures. That would be fair.

Jon
    Last edited by 5.56mm; 09-25-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Agree with this.
    Absolutely.

As someone looking to get one done when I finally find a nice bear, I've heard far too many horror stories. It's not likely that you signed an NDA or anything either.

It seems for every good taxidermist there is a bad one. I have had great experiences with Darren and Carolyn at Solitude taxidermy.
    http://solitudetaxidermy.ca/
    It's the shits when you drop a shit load of loot and are disappointed.