Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 elk bugle report

2020 elk bugle report

I can’t seem to find the old thread so I started this one. Anyone still hearing elk bugle at night? Sitting here by halfway reserve totally quiet since I got here at 3am. Anyone got some tips for this area? Please PM me. I know I sound desperate but I don’t really want to eat a tag after 6 hours of driving from Prince George.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2020 elk bugle report

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    I can’t seem to find the old thread so I started this one. Anyone still hearing elk bugle at night? Sitting here by halfway reserve totally quiet since I got here at 3am. Anyone got some tips for this area? Please PM me. I know I sound desperate but I don’t really want to eat a tag after 6 hours of driving from Prince George.
    You only just arrived. Get out there and look for sign, call and make an informed decision from there. I’ve hunted plenty of areas where elk have been super quiet but the signs showed they were in the area. They call it hunting and not shooting for a reason. Boots on the ground, good luck.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

No matter what they r bugling somewhere!! A cow has gone into estrus as I typed this. If u see cows stick close or follow, or find shiny poop and figure out where they come and go. New area for me is find a good looking area, I like to look for a hill, mountain that has good cover, food and water then get somewhere up the hillside, find a trail and traverse a long way looking for sign (wind in favour). Calling every once in a while cow then location bugle every 200m or so depending on area. I may go silent if I feel the area is pressured. If no sign then repeat above until I find sign. In that area if u work hard u will find them.

In the EK, the bugle action has gone very silent. Bugles in the dark but once it becomes daylight they are going dead silent. Even when i find them in the daylight they are not responding.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I'm told they are vocal at end of Pitt Lake.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I just got an inreach report from the east koots. The 5 points are makin noise and comin in but the 6 points arent!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    Eat a tag after 6 hours of driving? Give me a break. Your expectations are out of line. Work for it for 2 weeks and then learn from the experience. 6 hours and one day hunting? Laughable.

Nothing bugling around my camp

They r bugling in my neck of the woods.

Elk died yesterday bugling across the hwy from mile 95.

Elk are not dumb and up here they learn fast as they are hunted hard for a couple months then another couple in the winter. That big ridge you drive by on the 95 has elk. But to kill an elk in this country you need to get off the beaten path, burn some boot leather and be prepared to bring it out on your back.....or find some private land that has very little pressure. Try across the Halfway and the Kobes/Altares area or up the Herald Ellis.

6 hours.....my buddies will be hear tomorrow for a week and they drove 24 from the island.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!