Thread: Blind build size?

Blind build size?

I need to build myself a portable blind, and was planning on PVC tube for the frame, so I can pull it apart and assemble in the field.

I then realized I didn't really know how wide to build it. I'm quite new to this, so I don't really have much experience to use to judge it.

Does 12 feet wide, 4ft tall and 4ft deep sound reasonable for 3 people and my retriever? I was thinking a box shape with a bit of a roof angled up over our heads from the back.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Blind build size?

3small portable blinds with just enough room for one person and a dog will be better than one large blind. Concealment is everything with shot wary birds as the season progresses.

One large blind will stick out like a sore thumb unless you’re building it in a permanent location where you can spend lots of time concealing it with natural vegetation.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

good thinking, ill see what I can come up with for smaller ones. that gives lots of flexibility to place them too

The cheap one man tents already have the pattern and pole structure made to fit.

Would it be practical to take the tent and cut your access openings as you require and then just attach the camo burlap or reed skirts to blend into the environment?