Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hows the hunting traffic in 7-45 7-44 area?

Hows the hunting traffic in 7-45 7-44 area?

Anyone been out there yet? I know I’m being naive hoping Covid is stopping people from going up north to hunt. Lots of road hunters up there or mostly oil and gas workers?

also how’s the road looking. Is the clay wet as always on had it dried up a little? I’ll be going on a hunt up there tomorrow.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hows the hunting traffic in 7-45 7-44 area?

I've heard lots of people, because of Covid there's a lot more money being spent on traveling within BC... People itching to get away because Mexico and Hawaii aren't happening!

I want to go back up but to travel that far and have lots of people would be very discouraging!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    I've heard lots of people, because of Covid there's a lot more money being spent on traveling within BC... People itching to get away because Mexico and Hawaii aren't happening!

I want to go back up but to travel that far and have lots of people would be very discouraging!
    well I better get my hiking boots on then.

I have a non hunting buddy who was camping up there a couple weeks ago and was floored at the number of hunters in the area.

Note that there is a moose hunting closure in 7-45 this year Oct. 1 - Oct. 15

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    Note that there is a moose hunting closure in 7-45 this year Oct. 1 - Oct. 15
    Not closed, but Bow Only with antler restrictions in both M.U.'s

Hey Bruce tell me how it goes. I get off work in the 30th and heading north from Dawson Creek. It will be all new adventure for me as I am thinking my friend isn’t going to get the week off so it will be my first solo outting. At least I will have my travel trailer

Not a lot of people where I’m going but then again it’s the weekdays and that could mean I’m in the wrong area lol. I today was day two, I only got one evening hunt the day prior. I didn’t hear a single gunshot or bugle so I’m not sure if anyone even got anything. I see a lot of empty trucks with atvs heading out. Also 745 by mile 98. I was cow calling for moose and I got howled at by wolves.

Just back from 7-42. Traffic was intense. Particularly quad traffic, all the way from the Sikanni River gate (15 km) past the ranch. 31 vehicles parked at airport by the gate. Expect more traffic October 1st when Bison draw season opens. People simply gave up and went home due to the road traffic.

There are more guys up here this year than I have seen in any two years together. Talked to a guy today, who's wife incidentally had the Kamloops lake draw and killed a reasonable ram down low, who has been here for a week and has been coming here for 20 years and hunting the same place and his take on it was "traffic like never before".
    I have talked to guys from Comox, Burns Lake, Maple Ridge, Smithers, and Kamloops out here. Lots of guys are saying the same thing, lots of holiday time available since they didn't go anywhere during the summer with the wife and kids so here they are hunting.

On the other hand, moose are going hard on the seek phase right now. Had a big tripalm standing in my driveway day before yesterday, and then saw a big 7x8 and a 2x3 at noon that day grunting at a cow but she wasn't interested yet.
    Without checking my notes, I think that I'm up to 6 legal bulls in the last two weeks now though. Saw one 2x2 3 days in a row in the same spot, and tried to get the guys from Maple Ridge on him but evidently they didn't connect as he was there this morning.
    Last edited by KodiakHntr; 09-24-2020 at 07:23 PM.