Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridge Lake?

Bridge Lake?

A couple of my hunting buddies have access to a cabin on the south shore of Bridge Lake near the store for the first two weeks of October. I had a moose draw in the area a few years ago but stayed at Sulphurous Lake and hunted north of there. I know nothing of the area south of Bridge lake.

I think I read on here that deer on the plateau there move out in a southerly migration at some time in the autumn, but they should still be around in early October I expect?

Private messages would be welcome if you don't wish to publicly discuss this.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bridge Lake?

Tough to say around early October. I have a cabin on Sheridan and my experience is they are around in early/mid September and not around in late October. Might depend if the weather turns early or not, the current forecast is moderate so its hard to say.

Just go and explore, enjoy yourself! There will be deer around..
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

There are always a few deer kicking around but most of them head downhill pretty early on. I have been seeing more white tails around than a couple years ago too. There seemed to be lots of black bears around this spring and summer.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    There are always a few deer kicking around but most of them head downhill pretty early on. I have been seeing more white tails around than a couple years ago too. There seemed to be lots of black bears around this spring and summer.
    Awesome news! I am looking forward to hunting 5-1 from my cabin at Deka during November, as I have a whitetail antlerless tag to cut!

If you’re not familiar with the area, be aware that 5-1/3-30 boundary is(generally) the North Bonaparte Road.

I JUST spent some time up there and HARDLY seen a animal ! Sad Try around Eagan lake for whitetails ! RJ

I have property a few kilometers West of Bridge. Yes there are always deer around but I after checking my trail cams the last few weks I can honestly say the deer are already on the move. All summer I had twin 2 year old bucks (They were born in area. have pictures of them as fawns), there mother who has twins again this year, another doe with one fawn and a spiker with a growth on his neck. The last few weeks I have had quite a few of bucks and does moving through that I have never seen before.

That being said, I have had bucks on my camera year round. Not all leave the area.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I hunted the power line below Kingdom lake in November a few years ago.

Deer but Wolves too..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I am heading up to the area this weds, actually staying at sulphurous lake just to explore the area as I have never been before and do some fishing. Will let you know if I see anything!