Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Muley Quest

Re: Muley Quest

Fake news....

It’s funnier yet because he’s constantly on here posting random shit but the hunting story we have all been waiting for is Mia lmao

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Hey A.Lake if you need a hand posting pictures just email them to me and I will post up for you no problem........
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Thank You WF ! your always there to help fellas out . If I can't get er done I will let you know !
    Arctic Lake
    QUOTE=Weatherby Fan;2234032]Hey A.Lake if you need a hand posting pictures just email them to me and I will post up for you no problem........[/QUOTE]
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Okay I just typed a big long story concerning the hunt and the site timed out Agghhhhh . So I lost the story and it took me forever to type it so not sure if I will attempt it again . So frustrating !!!
    Arctic Lake

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Okay I just typed a big long story concerning the hunt and the site timed out Agghhhhh . So I lost the story and it took me forever to type it so not sure if I will attempt it again . So frustrating !!!
    Arctic Lake
    when that happens hit your back button and copy it then open the site again and paste it !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Hi Fellas
    Okay my apoligies to all of you for this very late reply as I know many contributed to this thread with their thoughts and ideas concerning my Mulie Quest !
    As mentioned I have been hunting quite a few years with a few moose harvested but alas no deer , yes none, zilch . I have been on trips for mule deer and white tail and have seen them but for one reason or another just never connected . Kripes once when hunting in Rock Creek I came across two bucks in a head to head battle . WHAT ! I was dumb founded and could not pull the trigger I just stood there and watched in awe ! Dumb ass !

So like many the 2020 mule deer quest started with a thought , I really want to get a deer this year so...... I had been talking to my neighbour about hunting several times prior and he was interested in going himself as he had not been in many years since moving to the coast from northern B.C. . So we talked it out and decided to go together and planned for the last week in October .
    We chose to head up to Region 3 for this trip on some good advice from a HBC member Weatherby Fan . Thanks Again my man !

Well hang on we are not on the road yet as my neighbour needs to buy a new rifle Hmmmm.. Okay I hear a lot of good things about Tikka I said . What are your thoughts on caliber I mentioned ?
    30.06 was the reply . Okay let me know when you want to go shopping ! Few days later were headed to the store and he purchased a Tikka Hunter in 30.06 and topped it with a Leupold variable .
    Very nice rifle ! Fit him like a glove . Now off to the bush for a sight in . Everything went fine and he got very reasonable groups shooting with it .Have to tell you his shoulder took a bit of a beating , that rifle has a bit of a kick to it !

So my neighbour bought a 12x14 wall tent the year before and it had not been used yet ,so that's what were taking for shelter and it has a wood stove , We had talked about all the other items that we needed and put a list together on who was bringing what . Well a couple of days before we head out we have all the gear ready to go stored in his garage . Oh Oh ! . Problem ! "All that stuff is not going to fit in the F150 short box " ! " Guess were renting a Uhaul LOL ! Trailer picked up were all loaded and we take off the next morning , Early ! I'm beat from working the previous week and cant keep my eyes open so I nod off . I wake up and see snow . What the hell , not only that it's cold -10 according to the dash .

Well we get to roughly where we want to be but were not really sure what road to take . There's a few and the maps in the Backroads Map Book are not helping us much as those small squiggley little lines are not roads we wanted to be on . I mean an F150 with a Uhaul in tow down some of those roads , you better be able to find a turn around or be one hell of a trailer backer upper . Luckily my neighbour can back a trailer up like a Seasoned Teamster . He did this more than a few times ! We finally found the suggested camp spot after touching base with our very helpful contact on HBC but we wanted something a little different . So more exploring and then we found a location that suited us . Nice and flat , plenty of room and no one else .
    Man it was cold setting up camp -17 and 3 inches of snow on the ground WOW ! Got it done though and some firewood to last us the night .

Okay so I'm going to shorten this up as I'm sure you don't want a day to day account of what went on . We did a lot of exploring ,most days were spent with my neighbour dropping me off at potential areas and agreeing to meet up at lunch . My neighbour was having trouble with his knee so he did not do a lot of hiking around , it was quite swollen so best to keep off of it .
    Well we both saw quite a few deer . Yep quite a few DOES ! Well we kept at it with the same thing happening once we met up for lunch . "See anything ?" Yep , saw some does " How bout you "? Yep saw some does " maybe a spiker " Hmmm..

Okay were getting a little discouraged as we only have a couple of days left before we head home . So you know how it goes . "What do you wanna do " ? " Not sure " You " Not sure " Where do you want to try next " ? "Not sure " You " Not sure , hang on , "Okay l want to go back to that place " What place "? You know ,the place " Oh that place, okay the place that had the little road coming down off the little bank where the other little road met and the one road kept going to the other little road " YA , That place . Tell me you all have had those talks . LOL !

So off we go agreeing to meet back up in a few hours and then go back to camp for lunch. Well we both put in our time, each going our own way ,then meeting back at the truck and then head back to camp for lunch . So we get going down the road a bit and boom, boom , off bounce three does on the side of the road . Geeezzz they seems to be no shortage of those ! Down the road a little further , WHAT, another four does , just standing there off to my right . "Oh Man" I say to my neighbour there's a 4 point with them WOW ! Truck stops I pile out , gun not loaded of course , thats the law but I have two shells at the ready . my bolt is open in goes one shell and then ..... where the hell is my other shell ? I'm fumbling now . A quick look up, the scene is still the same . One doe has started to walk away across the road and up the hill . Oh Man, Shit, where the hell are my shells as I fumble in multilple pockets for the, SHELLS ! Yeah you got to love all those pockets on those hunting pants NOT ! I'm sweating now ! Screw it I slam the bolt home with only one shell on board , up goes the rifle on the buck , steady , are you kidding me cross hairs would not settle down. oh there we go , squeeze the trigger and the 6.5 Creed sounds off .WHAT , the buck doesn't move , Now I'm screwed I need those shells . Neighbour is out of the drivers side of the pickup rifle up and Boom . The buck jumps like he's on a pogo stick but just walks behind some trees . I have found my shells , finally ! Does are scattering now . Lots of commotion ,they must wonder what the hell is going on . I see the buck but the only shot I have is a neck shot , rifle is back up , this time it's all stream lined a smooth move to my shoulder , the cross hairs are steady . I squeeze the trigger and as soon as I hear the rifle crack the buck goes down in my scope . He's not moving . WOW ! It's done ! High fives we are going to come home with meat ! It was a joint effort in brining down the deer . We are still not sure what the heck happened with my first shot , but my neighbours shot went through the lungs .

I'm going to try and post up some pics .

It was a great trip !
    Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 02-18-2021 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks WF ! I just did it !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    when that happens hit your back button and copy it then open the site again and paste it !