Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muley Quest

Muley Quest

Hi Fellas
    Okay here I am with some questions . Always with the questions Arctic Lake ,LOL ! I would consider myself a competent moose hunter as I have been successful in harvesting a few but when it comes to deer hunting, ZILCH.

I'm wanting to get a Muley this year and my neighbour wants to go and has been out of the hunting scene for quite awhile and he is eager to go .

I'm thinking just before rut or in the rut to go for best odds ? We will set up a wall tent camp and spend a few days ,it will be on foot as we don't have quads .

I was thinking of these locations - East of 70 Mile - East of Chasam - Princeton - Clinton area - Kamloops or 3-5 hours away from the LowerMainland

Of course I'm not asking for your Honey Holes but if you could share any Management Unit or portion of it that would be awesome . We are willing to hike from base camp not hours and hours but put boots to ground and a decent hike if needed .
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Muley Quest

Artic theres no deer left around kamloops go to the okanagan RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 09-21-2020 at 06:58 AM.

West of 70 mile for the rut as a lot of the mules leave the area right after snow and head for winter range closer to the Fraser. Any direction around Kamloops has Mulies and lots and lots of hunters

RJ I can understand you not wanting me in your neighbourhood ! LOL ! Hope all is well with you !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Artic theres no deer left around kamloops go to the okanagan RJ

If all you want is any buck, go Oct.1, in those areas. Otherwise hunt the rut in late Nov when the snow flies. 3-30 or 3-29 would work

Specbelly . I have heard that before so Thank You ! I will pour over the maps but I may have some questions concerning camping spots etc .
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by specbelly View Post
    West of 70 mile for the rut as a lot of the mules leave the area right after snow and head for winter range closer to the Fraser. Any direction around Kamloops has Mulies and lots and lots of hunters

I wouldn't recommend the Princeton area, it may have lower buck:doe ratios as the area sees lots of hunting pressure with the elk season and its proximity to the Lower Wasteland...

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Either hunt the first few days of Oct for any buck or Hunt the last week of October any buck, bucks will be into pre rut activity by this time.....and chasing does !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Being 100% honest when I say mule deer are almost extinct in 330-329. The elephant hill fire really ravaged the populations. We have a family cabin out there i spend a week hunting there every fall(Usually end of October) only seen one 2pt buck in the last 4 years since the fire. Tons of predators too. Took two bears in that area, had a run in with a Cat and her cubs too and seen TONS of Cougar sign.

I also believe there is an ATV ban in that region. Never applied to me, I prefer to hike anyways. Not trying to scare you away but if I didn't have an awesome cabin out there I wouldn't take time off to chase mule deer there.

Oct 1, get out there in any of those regions. Mule deer are not hard to find.