Thread: First early season moose hunt

First early season moose hunt

Me and my hunting partner decided to try moose hunting up in the Peace River district. This was the first time we were hunting in August. The first couple days we were seeing lots of moose but after that it died down and we saw nothing.

On day one in the evening of opening day we hiked in 4 km to one area and we spotted 3 bulls. We had no chance for a shot. They must have winded us but the wind was pretty strong that day. The next morning we decided to go somewhere else which was a bust and saw nothing but one cow. In the evening we decided to hike back into that area. While we were making it to the natural lick we spotted a nice 2x3 and dropped him. We took him at 7:30 p.m. and had to make multiple trips out and we finally got back to the truck all loaded at 3:30 a.m. in the morning. This past off-season I purchased a stone glacier sky 5900 and my buddy purchased an EXO K2 5500. They both performed very well. I'll try to figure out how to post some pictures.

Overall was one of my most rewarding hunts

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First early season moose hunt

Congrats, the hard work and wait paid off for you.
    Looking forward to pic's, wish it was easier to post them on here.

I head up to 7-28 for a shared LEH moose hunt in a few weeks...hoping to have some luck calling in bulls

Trying to post pics but having problems still

Congrats look forward to the pics...

set up an account with postimages.org
    Then just upload them to postimages and select hotlink for forums hit control/C and paste in open reply box.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

We got a group draw in 7-26 , heading up Sept 27, I have never heard a bull call yet hopefully this year I will at 68 times running out Good luck to ya Bubbacanuck.

Hey Bubba. I too have a 7-28 draw. We will be heading there on Sept. 25. I was lucky enough to be there last year too. When are you going
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by chuckerb View Post
    We got a group draw in 7-26 , heading up Sept 27, I have never heard a bull call yet hopefully this year I will at 68 times running out Good luck to ya Bubbacanuck.
    Thanks!! Good luck to you as well!!! I am headed up to 7-28 tomorrow evening, arriving at our (hopeful) campsite around noon Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent376 View Post
    Hey Bubba. I too have a 7-28 draw. We will be heading there on Sept. 25. I was lucky enough to be there last year too. When are you going
    Hey Brent, we are headed up to 7-28 tomorrow evening, should be in the zone by 9am Saturday the 26th. Were you successful on your draw last year? Good luck this year! We will be in either a black dodge ram or a black Toyota Tundra. Say hi if you see us!