Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bought a Garmin inReach Explorer + and I have a question

Re: Bought a Garmin inReach Explorer + and I have a question

It's their flagship so I think they've fixed most of the problems. The negative reviews were about glitchy software. I have had no trouble with it. Other than the troubles that affected the entire InReach system recently (Garmin was hacked and you couldn't send/receive messages for a few days - or at least they were delayed).

I too almost didn't buy the 66i because of the reviews. Now, I'm glad that I did. Of course YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    I considered the 66i but there were so many negative reviews online I shied away from it and got the Explorer +

Well, activated it and sent my first message to my home email.

He says he got there fine.

By the way, somehow I seem to have entered the wrong time zone and my device says it is 3 hours ahead.

Does anyone know the path to correct that?

I can't find it on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    I don't know if it is true or not, but when I was having trouble with messages not going out InReach told me it was essential to sync for the system to work as designed.

That said, they also told me they hadn't heard of my problem before but a couple other friends had reported exactly the same problem so I know they were lying.
    Good to know thx al. So far I'm about 30 for 30 sending and receiving messages with no problems so I'll leave things be for now. The only little glitch not really complaint is at the end of the day I'll boot it up and type out a message, send it and then I'll get a reply a few minutes later but its hours old and made my last message redundant. lol There's just a delay that's sometimes a little slower than others no more than 5 or 10 min IME yet sometimes its pretty much instant.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Well, activated it and sent my first message to my home email.

He says he got there fine.

By the way, somehow I seem to have entered the wrong time zone and my device says it is 3 hours ahead.

Does anyone know the path to correct that?

I can't find it on the site.
    Let me know if you find out how I think mine's still blinking 12 o'clock
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this