Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: If you ever wonder why young people don't get into hunting..

Re: If you ever wonder why young people don't get into hunting..

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Here is the all time Classic...the guy who wont let you pass him on a forest service road.
    This happens to me every weekend during hunting season, it happened this morning, twice, I try to leave extra early on the weekend but sometimes its never early enough lol.

Some guy figure's that I am heading to the best hunting spot on the Planet (his spot) and wont let me go by, even though I am trying to get to my timber sale so I can go to work, yes, some guys work on the weekend.
    Doesn't matter if its dark out, wont let you pass, happens every friggin weekend. I try to be polite but its hard not to get frustrated with some guys...I have had a guy put it in about 2nd gear low range and not let me pass for 6-7km, in the dark...total prick thing to do.
    We ran into some anglers some years ago in the south cariboo that lost an hour or two of their day because a road hunter driving 5km/hour wouldn't let them by.

Maybe a megaphone is the solution... "We are not going to road hunt in front of you morons. We are going fishing" is the solution.

Sadly I almost understand their paranoia that the person will pass and start road hunting in front of them. It happens. I watched a little convey of clowns in Region 2 leap frogging each other that way LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    Yes, raised by the "new" school system
    It's the parents responsibility to raise their children. I think some are too lazy so they hope the teachers will do the job.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Here is the all time Classic...the guy who wont let you pass him on a forest service road.
    This happens to me every weekend during hunting season, it happened this morning, twice, I try to leave extra early on the weekend but sometimes its never early enough lol.

Some guy figure's that I am heading to the best hunting spot on the Planet (his spot) and wont let me go by, even though I am trying to get to my timber sale so I can go to work, yes, some guys work on the weekend.
    Doesn't matter if its dark out, wont let you pass, happens every friggin weekend. I try to be polite but its hard not to get frustrated with some guys...I have had a guy put it in about 2nd gear low range and not let me pass for 6-7km, in the dark...total prick thing to do.
    I’ve had that too and then my good side shows. I have a 14,000lm light bar on my truck which creates a little problem with seeing so they usually pull over
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I haven't even read more than 2 pages of this.

I can tell you that this is why I try to fish where there are no people and hunt where there are no people. I'd rather go where there is less game to be away from the dickheads.

I used to fish shoulder to shoulder and go bird hunting where there were crowds. I just can't handle it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    I haven't even read more than 2 pages of this.

I can tell you that this is why I try to fish where there are no people and hunt where there are no people. I'd rather go where there is less game to be away from the dickheads.

I used to fish shoulder to shoulder and go bird hunting where there were crowds. I just can't handle it anymore.
    Exactly^^^^

Not sure if people want to hunt or just have a big sausage party.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    Not sure if people want to hunt or just have a big sausage party.
    Then there is you..not sure what to make of you.

Then there is you..not sure what to make of you.
    Lol. Not the first time I have heard that. I don't know either.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    Not really. I’m not a good hunter yet but I share my spots with people and give them all the types I know
    Hg hit it right on the nose. Most hunters you see dont know how to hunt. They drive or quad roads hoping to get lucky. The odd one goes for a short hike and wanders around hoping to get lucky. Hg understands that reading the bush is what a hunter does, posers are the guys that cant hunt their way out of a wet bag.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Hg hit it right on the nose. Most hunters you see dont know how to hunt. They drive or quad roads hoping to get lucky. The odd one goes for a short hike and wanders around hoping to get lucky. Hg understands that reading the bush is what a hunter does, posers are the guys that cant hunt their way out of a wet bag.
    its a double edge sword. We need more hunters to support the sport but then here we are talking smack to each other’s skill level and refusing to help because we don’t want to get crowded