Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youth hunter supervision

Re: Youth hunter supervision

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    You guys are reading that incorrectly. Page 8 and the requirements for a “supervising hunter” are for the supervision of a “youth licence holder” or “initiation licence holder”.

OP, you kids buddy being 18 or older is allowed to hunt on his own, and with you son being 17 and having a full license is able to hunt with him. No issues.
    Read the Youth Hunting License section on page 7, where it states these criteria apply to a youth license or hunting license (full license with CORE complete). It applies to any hunter supervising a hunter who is under 18.

The question is, are they out hunting this morning and if not, why not? The friend no longer needs a supervisor just like yourself therefore he meets the requirements of supervisor.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by TimberPig View Post
    Read the Youth Hunting License section on page 7, where it states these criteria apply to a youth license or hunting license (full license with CORE complete). It applies to any hunter supervising a hunter who is under 18.
    Yep, and as per the OP his kids buddy has held a licence for the previous 4 years.

I should have worded my earlier response more clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Yep, and as per the OP his kids buddy has held a licence for the previous 4 years.

I should have worded my earlier response more clearly.
    Agreed, they are good to go, as it only states hunting license for 3 years or more, nothing more, and he is over 18 and has held a license for long enough to meet the requirements.