Thread: Ashcroft with the kids

Ashcroft with the kids

Fellas... its come time for my hunting partner and I to take our boys (both 6), and the trailer out for their first real hunting trip. We were looking to somewhere closer in 3 or 8 so that they wouldnt lose interest before we even get there. Likely going end of the first week of October, so its not too cold for em, then we’ll go north for our hunt in November.

Ive always been curious about the Ashcroft area, and wondered about decent spots to drop a trailer, and maybe take a poke at a couple deer too. Ive hunted Logan Lake area before, but never heard a lot about Ashcroft or the surrounding areas.

Any thoughts or input are of course, always appreciated. My boy has already said he’s gonna show me how to “catch a deer”, so fingers crossed he gets to follow through.

Cheers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ashcroft with the kids

With kids I'd probably stay at Barnes Lake and bring some fishing gear. Nice country if you continue driving down Barnes Lake road, either traversing to Savona along Pennie Lake Rd, or head up in behind Forge mountain towards HVC. It will be busy though. On the other side of the Thompson, Blue Earth and Oregon Jack/Cornwall might be worth a visit.

Re: Ashcroft with the kids

Thanks for the info Grant. We’re thinkin there, or up toward the coq summit. Theres not a whole lot of talk about either area. We’ll make the best of it for the boys though. Thanks again!