Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First solo hunt !

Re: First solo hunt !

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    Region 2 most likely won't have grizzlys

region 2 has many, dont kid yourself... just a week or so ago they trapped a couple grizzlies in Squamish.. they are in Harrison Valley, parts of Upper Pitt Valley etc
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I just wanted to let everyone know I did finally get my first Bc harvest. After many miles I got a beautiful little 2 point mulie buck on a solo hunt with my dog ! It died in less then 20 yards I packed it out in one go 4kms down a steep slope with zero meat waste and I couldn't be happier. Id like to thank everyone who reach out and Dmed me ! Especially Srupp who reached out and called me spent hours on the phone making sure I was aware of all the dangers and gave me some tips as well ! Some people like to bash the hunting community but I believe we are a strong united group, thanks again !!

Quote Originally Posted by robbiej793 View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know I did finally get my first Bc harvest. After many miles I got a beautiful little 2 point mulie buck on a solo hunt with my dog ! It died in less then 20 yards I packed it out in one go 4kms down a steep slope with zero meat waste and I couldn't be happier. Id like to thank everyone who reach out and Dmed me ! Especially Srupp who reached out and called me spent hours on the phone making sure I was aware of all the dangers and gave me some tips as well ! Some people like to bash the hunting community but I believe we are a strong united group, thanks again !!

There are some great people on this site.

Congrats on the buck. Something about doing it all on your feet and back that makes it so much sweeter. Well done!!!

Good for you ! Great that you did it solo, shows that you have self confidence ! Know Thy Self !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by robbiej793 View Post
    Congratulations, especially doing it solo!
    forever noob

Congrats, glad it worked out! Sounds like quite the feat!

Care to comment on the dangers? I’d like to start solo hunting on a multi-day basis, but still pretty new at it (in my 3rd hunting season).

Cheers!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Well done RobbieJ!
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat