Thread: Introducing my Puppy

Introducing my Puppy

This is a follow up to my thread from last year asking for Lab breeder recommendations.
    My wife and I picked up our puppy the weekend after Christmas 2019 at 8 weeks old.
    Introducing Pippin (aka 'Pip')

Raising a pup through COVID has been stressful at times (vets being closed). It has also been a blessing; having a dog to walk is a nice break.

Our goal was to get a family dog that occasionally hunted and she's living up to that in spades now. She's now 10 months and has seems to have settled in at around 46 lbs (jury is out on if she will grow more).
    Last weekend she retrieved her first two birds (a grouse and a duck). The duck was a blind retrieve, 30 yards out into a pond - I’d say not bad for a first - she knew what to do when she saw the duck floating.

Last edited by Livewire322; 09-16-2020 at 11:01 PM.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Introducing my Puppy

Good looking pup there, and looks to be learning's the ropes. All the best with her, she looks beautiful.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Wow beautiful dog. Here's to many amazing seasons together!

Very nice, great looking young lady. Congrats, looks like you have your perfect companion