Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghost Lake

Re: Ghost Lake

Wow.. thats rough...
    I have been back there 3 times but last was years ago

In my experience it takes about the same amount of time actually, but it is about 80 more klicks to go in from Wells. Last year was my first year going the longer route, and it sure was nice. The Likely way will shake your bones and your vehicle. I put a message out to Srupp earlier this week to see if the road was improved at all from Likely. I haven't heard back as of yet and hopefully that is because he is out hunting.

Appreciate all the help! Would be great to know an update on the Likely route.
    Maybe I will give a couple local businesses a call tomorrow and see what the story is.

Good luck this season all.

cheers,

AM

LOT's of Black and G Bears in that area ! Be Carefull ! RJ

Easiest way to get up to Ghost Lake is to take the Haunted Highway, through the Ghoul Gulch and just past Spooky Meadows.

There's a rd over Kangaroo mtn too, but with the hydralic rd slide it would be longest now.

I'd go thru Wells

Did the loop 2 weeks ago towing 17ft cargo trailer. From Wells to Ghost lake road in great shape but lots of logging trucks hauling. Bring a radio. Ghost lake to Cariboo lake some rougher spots but ok although gets much better when you get to Cariboo lake. Some hauling going on as well that side. If your towing I would go in from Wells. Probably be about the same overall time if coming from lower mainland but easier on your rig.

Quote Originally Posted by rupertite View Post
    Did the loop 2 weeks ago towing 17ft cargo trailer. From Wells to Ghost lake road in great shape but lots of logging trucks hauling. Bring a radio. Ghost lake to Cariboo lake some rougher spots but ok although gets much better when you get to Cariboo lake. Some hauling going on as well that side. If your towing I would go in from Wells. Probably be about the same overall time if coming from lower mainland but easier on your rig.
    Awesome. Thank you