Thread: Wokkpash lake info?

Wokkpash lake info?

Has anybody been into Wokkpash lake? I’m in the very early stages of planning a family trip in there next summer. I’m mostly interested in how steep the worst parts are? Not worried about the distance. My kids will be 6,10 and 12. I see some people hike in and charter a float plane out. That’s kind of what I’m thinking right now.

Any info or resources will be greatly appreciated.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wokkpash lake info?

Maybe 11 km.i don't remember anything steep? Back in 96 is when I hiked in.i remember at least one nice pool to cool down in on the way .pitched a tent on a hoodoo.if u turned the wrong way getting out of tent....looong way down

Never been to the lake but looked down at it from the east and driven past the trail head and through the river lol...beautiful country, remember you have to cross Mcdonald creek to get to the trail head you don't need more than a stock truck unless you have a lot of rain or a snow melt and then it will be scary to impassable...

That would be a memory trip for sure especially for the 10 and 12 year old...wish I would have done that with my boys..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

That river crossing can be right sketchy for sure. Handful of years ago I was standing there looking at it trying to read the water before heading in with my dodge rolling on 33’s when an old crew cab came through. Water was better than a third of the way up his doors. Wandered over to talk to him for a bit and changed my mind on crossing after seeing that he was running 44’s....

Hiked it last summer. The trail past Wokkpash Lake to the cabin is relatively flat. There is a steep climb out of the Wokkpash if you want to hike out MacDonald Creek but it is not too bad. Beautiful country. Took us 3 days.

Crossed the McDonald a few years back. Regular stock truck but buddy got halfway and we had to pull him thru..If I remember, water level then was height of the tires. If it rains when you are in there, you may have to wait a few days for it to stop and river subside before you can get out. Not for the faint of heart!!
    Last edited by eastkoot; 09-16-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Dana says:"That isn't me braggin', that is just me stating a fact."

Thanks for the info guys. I’ll probably shoot for August sometime. By then the majority of the snow runoff should be done and I hopefully only have to worry about rain.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Lots of hunters around August but there is lots of country to enjoy. Try looking at Instagram #wokkpash. Get info from people who were in there this year.