Thread: Bear with an ear tag on trailcam?

Threaded View

Bear with an ear tag on trailcam?

I will get the footage up soon, but I am 99% certain I have a bear with an ear tag on trailcam.

A couple weeks back I was reading that they suggest not shooting animals with tags as they may have been tranquilized or given other medications. I thought I recalled reading previously they recommended not factoring in a tag as a decision to harvest or not because they wanted the data? Anyone know which it is? Or maybe there is a difference between tags and collars? I have no intention of shooting the bear (getting fat trying to eat through my freezers so I can chase deer again) just wondered what might have led to this tagged bear appearing around one of my camps (hopefully not a relocated troublemaker from the city)

Bonus I also found some footage of the archery buck we harvested from the day prior. That was pretty cool. And a pine martin jumping around being silly I'll try to get all the footage up soon or at least some pics (video I am putting them in is almost 30 mins and has all sorts of other stuff)
    Last edited by caddisguy; 09-15-2020 at 11:17 PM.

2. Site Sponsor