Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of buck is a big BC buck?

Re: What kind of buck is a big BC buck?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    In hunting, you can do everything right, and still fail. And that's ok.

As for the bucks, I would say those bucks are average. Your standard couple years old bucks.

Things in BC have changed over the years. I dont think monster mulies are hitting the ground like they used to in the mid 2000s and earlier. I think the record book entries would probably confirm that.

I would say a BIG buck nowdays is 170" or better.
    HUGE WOULD BE 180 or better.

I wont pass on anything that looks 150+
    They aren't hitting the ground like they used to be BUT . Alot of people don't and won't enter there bucks aswell. I for one wouldn't like the attention and don't need to stroke myself with a spot in the book. It's funny the Difference between a 170-180 class buck isn't much by numbers but you can sure see it with your eyes . I'm thankful that thy still exist. Good times
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    They aren't hitting the ground like they used to be BUT . Alot of people don't and won't enter there bucks aswell. I for one wouldn't like the attention and don't need to stroke myself with a spot in the book. It's funny the Difference between a 170-180 class buck isn't much by numbers but you can sure see it with your eyes . I'm thankful that thy still exist. Good times
    That's always been the case. 10, 20, 40 years ago .... you still had people who refused to enter their animals into the record book.

There are plenty of big bucks in the record book. I seriously doubt anyone would give you as much attention as you think you would get :P

is this a big one? its my first 4+ point white tail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jXRXT1wDMnBdkH367

i dont know how to embed photos here...

Once you lay your hands on a 180" mule deer you can easily tell the difference between average 4s. In order to shoot big deer you have to be willing to give up the meat hunter mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent But Deadly View Post
    Once you lay your hands on a 180" mule deer you can easily tell the difference between average 4s. In order to shoot big deer you have to be willing to give up the meat hunter mentality.
    That is so true the problem for me is the young ones taste sooooo good that I have a hard time passing up mediocre 4x4’s.

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangkhan View Post
    is this a big one? its my first 4+ point white tail.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jXRXT1wDMnBdkH367

i dont know how to embed photos here...

Excellent whitetail Buck . I would guess 130-150". Great whitetail Buck ! That's a big whitetail for most people . Decent to say the least . Good job
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    That's always been the case. 10, 20, 40 years ago .... you still had people who refused to enter their animals into the record book.

There are plenty of big bucks in the record book. I seriously doubt anyone would give you as much attention as you think you would get :P
    You just never know . They exist and any hunter that puts down a 170+ deer usually garners alot of attention lol. I learned that the hard way . People try to take credit for your harvest or stick there foot in the door to have something to do with it . People are weird . Maybe I'd like the attention but won't admit it lol.

Thank you! I wasn't sure my self when i scoped it and was pleasantly surprised when i got close to it :P

Yes I would say thats a very good WT buck. Love the brow tines and stickers on him.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

170" is actually about what the average mule deer would get to if it reached maturity.

Words like huge, massive etc. get thrown around a lot. When a guy gets into that 190" range you are starting to look at the next level. A 180" buck is certainly a nice deer but it is not at all what I'd consider "huge".
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."