Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tahltan nation to hunt grizzlies and other predators to help ungulates

Re: Tahltan nation to hunt grizzlies and other predators to help ungulates

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    If you guys think that the Tahltan would have our interest in looking after game management think again there all for themselves , i've been up there enough times to know , Tahltan people have told me many times they don't want the the whiteman there and want to close hunting to us . might as well vote the NDP in again as well , because we all will be screwed
    Funby how few hunters appreciate this.

Some groups are fundamentally our enemies, not just as hunters, but as ethnic Europeans. They want us all gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    Bingo.......
    yuppers! not about reopening a hunt, its about Tahltan. Non Fn will not be a part or reap the benefits of this......The tahltans are blocking roads to all Non Band members to hunt moose in their territory......... This president is taking an opportunity and exploiting it in order to provide an economic boost for his people. Their "exclusivity" will be the meal ticket to financial gains and he will fight to make sure it remains FN only.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Funby how few hunters appreciate this.

Some groups are fundamentally our enemies, not just as hunters, but as ethnic Europeans. They want us all gone.
    Couldn't agree more.....
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

And our present government keeps giving them more and more. Control of the BC fisheries is on the block now.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

If Horgan gets in with a majority we are going to pay dearly for it. Unfortunately, I think it is the most likely outcome from this looming election. The NDP seem intent on selling out rural BC and there is nothing we can do about it as they do not listen, nor care about anything outside of the LML and the southern part of the Island. I do wonder however, where is the tax revenue going to come from once they have wiped out the logging, mining and handed the majority of the rural land base over to the FN? Also, let's not foget all of these moves are also going to nuke tourism.

Maybe that is why there has been piss all for help to the tourism sector from both the federal and provincial government. Not as expensive to buy out tourism businesses that are barely functioning and no expense required for those that have gone under. Would not put it past them.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

I question the legitimacy of the entire treaty process, and the blind acceptance of UNDRIP. To think that there isn't any nefarious people involved in the decision making process is ludicrous.
    Whenever I hear any FN speaking about any contemporary topic in BC, the end game is about a self serving agenda, always.

As usual, your comments on this sad issue are accurate, timely and I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    I will NEVER accept any indian controlling my hunting and DO NOT accept any of their so-called "rights"!!!!!!!
    Gotta AGREE with you Dewey ! RJ

Glad that it will will display to the greenies and the latte sipping hippies that maybe hunting preds isn't as barbaric as they think if the 'iconic FNs' are doing it...but, I don't like the fact that Tahltan have an apparent agenda, and it doesn't include us regular whities as having any hunting privileges...and our ballless govt continues to give them more power....everyone remember to get out and vote for the BC Liberals later this month..

Yep! Well said! Being condescending won't get you anywhere. "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!" Regardless of a persons stance or opinion, the fact of the matter is 95% of BC is unceded, First Nations have never legally signed away their land, not like the rest of Canada. Here's the questions: Is it just, whether in the past or present to invade a country, land or nation without some kind of negotiations? Look up Royal Proclamation for more info. Things (or law) haven't changed since then, that's why we have the United Nations and NATO. We need to appreciate the securities and alliance we have.

Quote Originally Posted by SBvias View Post
    I'm for pro resident hunter rights as the next person in this community. But I still recognize the harm that was done to folks that were here first.
    Safety and Prosperity. I'm not blind to the facts that FN and other races experienced racism and exclusion in this Country. There were laws against people owning land and other unfair practices. I wouldn't want to experience what they went through. Just talk to older generation of people of minority groups. They often have stories of how they were spat on, threatened, bullied etc.

Just in case people forget their high school social studies:
    http://media.openschool.bc.ca/osbcme...Text_Part3.pdf

Our own goverment and corporations have not had the greatest track record in the past regarding the enviroment which affected hunting and fishing (Housing Development, overfishing, mining and Forestry to name a few.
    Hunters profess to know whats best because we're out there and value the resource. Why do we put down other allies we have against those who would ban hunting altogether? They had thousands of years of living with the land in a much less disruptive way than we do now.
    Nothing like a screaming reel and a moose calling back, eh?