Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tahltan nation to hunt grizzlies and other predators to help ungulates

Re: Tahltan nation to hunt grizzlies and other predators to help ungulates

Quote Originally Posted by SBvias View Post
    I'm for pro resident hunter rights as the next person in this community. But I still recognize the harm that was done to folks that were here first.
    Safety and Prosperity. I'm not blind to the facts that FN and other races experienced racism and exclusion in this Country. There were laws against people owning land and other unfair practices. I wouldn't want to experience what they went through. Just talk to older generation of people of minority groups. They often have stories of how they were spat on, threatened, bullied etc.

Just in case people forget their high school social studies:
    http://media.openschool.bc.ca/osbcme...Text_Part3.pdf

Our own goverment and corporations have not had the greatest track record in the past regarding the enviroment which affected hunting and fishing (Housing Development, overfishing, mining and Forestry to name a few.
    Hunters profess to know whats best because we're out there and value the resource. Why do we put down other allies we have against those who would ban hunting altogether? They had thousands of years of living with the land in a much less disruptive way than we do now.
    In the USA there are "white' people who speak up for the black man, they are called "wiggers".
    In Canada there are "white" people who speak up for Indians, they are called "windians".
    All these people do is cycle the same old same old....none of the current issue's in BC have anything to do with how someone was treated in the past, k.

If it were not for Colonialism, the Tahltan would be speaking Spanish or Russian, or likely wiped out completely.
    It gets tiring listening to parroted nonsense about how bad the Crown, queen, King, treated its Native people.

The solution to some people seems to make it right by....one group of people lording over another by way of race.
    This is alot bigger than the Tahltan.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post

If it were not for (British) Colonialism, the Tahltan would be speaking Spanish or Russian, or likely wiped out completely.
    Or speaking French to their French Slaves.

This perspective is critical when reminiscing potential alternative history.

First Nations in Canada are Lucky that they even still exist.
    Damn lucky that they exist with enough power to still fight for independence.

Imagine North America today if the USA didn't buy Alaska from Russia 150 years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Or speaking French to their French Slaves.

This perspective is critical when reminiscing potential alternative history.

First Nations in Canada are Lucky that they even still exist.
    Damn lucky that they exist with enough power to still fight for independence.

Imagine North America today if the USA didn't buy Alaska from Russia 150 years ago....
    Or...here is a thought. Speaking Tahltan? Another potential alternative history!

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    Or...here is a thought. Speaking Tahltan? Another potential alternative history!
    Pretty much what I said in the first line....

Quote Originally Posted by SBvias View Post
    Hunters profess to know whats best because we're out there and value the resource. Why do we put down other allies we have against those who would ban hunting altogether? They had thousands of years of living with the land in a much less disruptive way than we do now.

Wrong.

I suggest you read some of Dr. Valerius Geist's work... or listen to the podcast he made with Steve Rinella. As I understand it, the natives decimated the wildlife population in North America as they razed the land and burned forests to support their agricultural needs. They did not consciously manage anything... this whole premise that the first nation somehow knows best through some spiritual connection to the land and the wildlife is utter BS... it just kind of happened and they are as guilty of exploitation as any other population on the globe.

Guardians of the land... nonsense. First in line with their hand out for pretty much everything. But as long as our government is pandering to their cries, the rest of us may as well support their willingness to do something constructive and try to manage their territory responsibly. The North American Wildlife model as described by Geist WORKS! If they can implement that and permit controlled hunting as well as predator de-population, they have my support. Just don't try to exclude the other residents of this great land.
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is just as interested in World Health as the Arms Industry is in World Peace.

"We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Wrong.

I suggest you read some of Dr. Valerius Geist's work... or listen to the podcast he made with Steve Rinella. As I understand it, the natives decimated the wildlife population in North America as they razed the land and burned forests to support their agricultural needs. They did not consciously manage anything... this whole premise that the first nation somehow knows best through some spiritual connection to the land and the wildlife is utter BS... it just kind of happened and they are as guilty of exploitation as any other population on the globe.

Guardians of the land... nonsense. First in line with their hand out for pretty much everything. But as long as our government is pandering to their cries, the rest of us may as well support their willingness to do something constructive and try to manage their territory responsibly. The North American Wildlife model as described by Geist WORKS! If they can implement that and permit controlled hunting as well as predator de-population, they have my support. Just don't try to exclude the other residents of this great land.
    Excellent post.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

And the truth shall set you free

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Wrong.

Yes^^^^^
    There is no integrity in any history when its convoluted with lies, and its best to keep it real. This and pretty much every level of government are going to spoon feed us the social justice bs heavy now as they inch their agenda forward into every area of this Province, and the windians make me wanna puke.

Petros65 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    The funny thing is, they were always able to do this. Nothing new to see here folks.
    I believe the end game for them is control of wildlife management in BC. With no access for non fn people unless you pay...
    Yes -- this comment is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce44 View Post
    Let's see what happens when a social justice warrior has to choose between being anti hunting and denying first nations proposals. To their own people the SJW's will either be pro hunting or racist.
    It won't matter to them...most of them are not there for a specific cause anyway. Thy are mostly just bored college age white kids waiting for their parents to send them their next tuition cheque...the other half are just scumbags who don't have a cause other than scoring a bowl of rice and maybe some sense "comraderie" hanging in a group.