Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moose Rut

Moose Rut

Hello All,

It looks like the moose rut might be firing up soon here. I was in region 7-26 for the last few days looking for an immature. I was up early so in the late afternoon I decided to drive in a cut block and close my eyes for an hour but before I did I let a couple cow calls out. I woke up at around 4:30 PM from my nap, made a quick Mountain House and stepped outside to stretch my legs. As I did I let out another cow call and out of the bush around 600 yards away I seen a moose walking toward me. Put the glass on him and it was a small bull. As it got closer counted 5 points on each side. Small but not small enough. He eventually got to within 90 yards periodically looking up at me but focused on sniffing the ground for that elusive cow . And man was he slobbering. Anyhow, good luck out there, moose are moving!

Happy hunting.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose Rut

I’m heading out in exactly 7 days and that post probably gave me a 7 day hard on.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I am excited! Heading up to 7-28 for our moose LEH next Friday Sept 25th, rut should hopefully be in full swing by then!!

Thanks for the heads up, heading to 7-26 on the 27 to Dolphine lake as we have a group draw, never called one in but can not wait to try. Any advice would be apreciated. Cheers and good luck to all.

saw a bull pushing a cow and grunting then spin a 180 and push off a smaller bull in 7b

Start calling now!!

Lots of bulls are interested yet most guys wait until the rut is well under way, when the bigger bulls are already hooked up with their ladies and it's tough to pull them away.

Had a bull going on the camera last Saturday, the cow had no interest but he sure was!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

saw 4 bulls with a cow this evening and 2 other bulls wandering.

Too exciting. Heading to 7-28 next Friday... can't wait
    Resident Hunter

Off to 7-27 on the 25th,7 day forecast says day time temps falling into the single digits but still no sign of frost for the lows,hope that changes next week,GL to all
    takla
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

anyone seen any action in 5-15? catching the back half of Oct. Its late in the runt, but hoping for some young bulls that didn't get their freak on