Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In reach??? which model?

Re: In reach??? which model?

I have the mini and link it with my phone.

The mini sure fit the bill for us last weekend. The first ever message sent from it was an SOS. Couldn't be happier with that purchase! The mini is really easy to send preset messages from but if you want to send custom texts you really need to pair it to a smart phone or it will take forever.

You pretty much have to pair it to a cell phone. Typing as easy as a text message compared to fumbling around trying scroll through the number pad on the unit is no comparison. It is torture to use it on its own. Make it easy on yourself and pair either of the devices. You only have to pair it once.

I personally would not buy a Sat phone if you are considering it just as a safety option.
    That was my original thought also but now after owning the Explorer + for about four years I think it is the best bang for your buck. I do not use mine paired with my phone as it is easy enough to send a short message or two home. I hunt and hike alone a lot and it is great piece of mind for my wife to receive a simple good night message with my exact location. My young kids, now ten and twelve, also know how to use it and practice by sending messages to their mother.

Not Garmin, but i have been very very happy with the Zoleo, but it is paired with a smartphone. Same network as Garmin so you get the same coverage etc.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the the most intelligent , it is the one most adaptable to change"

Curious what the real life reviews are on the 66i, I have an explorer plus and the battery life is amazing. I have read the 66i battery life is less.
    Any reviews from HBCers on the 66i?
    thanks to all!

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    Curious what the real life reviews are on the 66i, I have an explorer plus and the battery life is amazing. I have read the 66i battery life is less.
    Any reviews from HBCers on the 66i?
    thanks to all!
    love mine. Definitely use more battery on it compared to the explorer + but probably because I am messing around with the 66i far more than I did with the explorer.

Love the mini!
    Member of CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    love mine. Definitely use more battery on it compared to the explorer + but probably because I am messing around with the 66i far more than I did with the explorer.

Do you have the backroads chip in it? If so how do you like the functionality with it?

Mini ....... sat phones suck ......................
    And That Is That