Thread: Tripods. Which one?

Tripods. Which one?

There seems to be lots of threads on glass lately, so I thought I’d start one on tripods as I’m in the market for one before next year. I don’t think I need anything longer than30” but it has to be smooth for panning and sturdy.

The quick attach adapter I used this year was an older vortex that wouldn’t stay tight and kept coming loose while planning as well if anybody has some insight into adapters.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tripods. Which one?

I use a vortex pro GT. It’s a heavy son of a gun so wouldn’t be climbing a mountain with it however it works very well for my style of hunting and is very sturdy for the large camera I carry.

X2 Vortex pro gt

Sirui carbon fibre

You might think you don’t want a tall tripod but standing behind glass can sometimes be way more comfortable and helps to get your view above the brush in certain situations. Just my 2cents, I bought a new tripod this year just because mine was a couple inches too short to use standing.

Brad

I use a Velbon VGB 3CC, long discontinued, heavy, rock steady, 20"-60", aluminum, $15.00 at Value Village -15% senior discount.

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Sirui carbon fibre
    My wife just bought me one for my birthday a few weeks ago. Super light and seems very solid. Just need to add a VA-5 head and I'm gold!
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Spontaneous purchase today. It’s not the lightest unit out there, but it seems solid, compact and fairly smooth. Our local fotosource is going out of business and everything is discounted. They had a small leupold spotter there for $500 too.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Buy once and cry once they say? Outdoorsmans wirh a pistol grip. Such an awesome combo

I really haven’t seen a better tripod out there than the RSS one - their whole system is solid and is used extensively by many shooters in the competitive events I have attended

https://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!