Thread: Bonaparte Prov. Park

Bonaparte Prov. Park

Be the first season I get to explore the outdoors in the Kamloops area after moving here 4 years ago. See there's a pile of lakes in the Bonaparte Provincial Park. I see you can enter the park via Windy Lk area, what other accesses are there and what time of year can you expect to run into snow in that area?
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bonaparte Prov. Park

Just be aware it’s a non motorized vehicle area in the park, other than that giver! Halloween snow flies
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Thanks for the heads up.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

In 2018 there was a heavy snowfall in early October and the snow stayed in the high country up there a long time. It really caused the deer to pile out of the high elevations and by mid Oct the high areas were devoid of deer sign.

There are multiple accesses from the south, west and north as well as those from the east along Jameson Cr.

The snow flies anytime Halloween on. The does, fawns and smaller bucks have long since migrated down to lower areas towards the North Thompson river valley from 3-28 or towards Kamloops Lake from 3-29. The larger bucks move down for the rut period. Most all moose hang high until the snow moves them down. And they are mainly located is some well defined pocks based on cover & food post rut. Without an LEH moose tag one can only take pictures. The immy moose season is very short and they are hard to find at the best of times. Good luck.
    Last edited by 4 point; 09-14-2020 at 10:06 AM.