Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "call for a moratorium on wolf hunting"

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Re: "call for a moratorium on wolf hunting"

That Story is almost one year old.The old male Wolf was for a few Month on Discovery Island(bout 1 Mile off Oak Bay) eventually was relocated I believe near Shawnigan or Cowichan Lake and not long after legally killed by a Hunter. F&W did a autopsy and determined the Wolf was some 12 years old and definitely at the end of its Lifespan. Case closed.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    This stuff trigegrs me, though. Which is probably the intent? Are people really this far removed from reality or are those planted, organized comments by the people behind teh agenda? #tinfoilhatsshowfashionsense
    If you’ve ever been to the aquarium or a zoo over the years, listen to the comments when staff ask questions. So many people have been born in a bubble and haven’t a clue about the big outside world around them. Peer pressure from celebrities and groups like Peta promote themselves as saviors never showing their true colors or intentions. The majority of people are sheep and easily kept in line.
    We went to the PBR tour ( pro bull riding) many years ago and there was a protest of cruelty to animals. This guy starts beaking off to me so I asked him if he knew where his leather jacket and shoes came from??? To that he was a little taken back; dumbass
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Doesn't matter if others where born and raised in a bubble, the fact is (and we all know it), is that they "ARE".
    Which means "this is the new new".

It means Hunting and any form of conservation measures will always be under attack now and in the future.
    Taught in school, taught from the net, taught at the local zoo or during an outing to someones wolf farm etc.

In the end, we can talk about it here, but we are all on the same side of the fence, have the same opinion, so nothing is going to change by posting here, imo.

The only thing i can think of, it is to protect things like resident hunting (FN are already protected) and conservation measures (like wolf cull), is to
    somehow find some form of legislation that will "always protect hunters, the hunting lifestyle and conservation measures".
    Meaning, having a "legal stance" upheld, just like FN.
    I dont know much about law and legislation, but i doubt the "hunting heritage act" really has much clout in anything that will be important, imo.
    Need to have a legal right to "be at the table" when discussions on policy or resource extraction takes place, just like FN do now, but we dont.
    Unless we find a way to have some legal posture, i dont see things getting better.
    The only ones listening to us, is us.
    Need more to go forward, or end up being extinct ourselves.
    About the only creature the Anti's want to see become extinct.
    (even though there stance on wolves, and no cull have allowed the Boo to become just that)

Looks like we can start our own petition on the change.org website. Maybe someone who is a better writer than me could put something together trying to bridge the gap between hunters and the public. Rather than screaming at each other maybe we communicate our side of the story with some cited facts from BC specific research. Rational discussion seems to be a skill of the past, its time that one side step up and drop the ego a big and maybe take a shot or two on the chin to help curate the conversation.