Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aiming for the drop (bow) and where to aim (rifles and bows)

Re: Aiming for the drop (bow) and where to aim (rifles and bows)

caddisguy...

congrats on the harvest you definately earned it...

so when my bow went 305fps i had multiple string jumps one equalling a hit in the rump uggh bled out thank goodness...

now once i grabbed a bow going 330fps it seems to have not been a issue.

You are absolutely right , the term jumping the string is missleading. I mean , try this , stand in one place and try to jump just two feet ahead of yourself. What is the first thing you do ? You crouch to tense your muscles , then push , and release to get where you want to go. Whitetail deer are incredibly alert and fast at doing this. A lot of times turning or spinning at the same time. That is why we as Bowhunters should be limiting our shots to reasonable distances. I just recently watched a video of some hunter shooting a great Mulie buck at around 70 yards ; he made a decent shot , but you could tell it didnt have much energy to penetrate enough to do what was ultimatley required. His justification was, " i had been practicing at that distance and was confident of my abilities". Shooting at a game animal is WAY different that shooting at a bale of hay. Guys like this give us all a bad name. How many of his certain of a hit animals were never found?
    Burns me up! I gotta go before i say something i might regret.
    B.
    Grandpa used to say, "ya know, when you point your finger at someone , three of your fingers are pointed back at you."

i have shot 3 at 60 that dropped withing 5 feet of impact...

animals stress level how much you have practisced and how you feel that day all go hand and hand..shot lots of game at 40 no issues when i had a slower louder bow i definaey had some flinch issues.