Thread: Kamloops area grouse help

Kamloops area grouse help

Moved to Kamloops 4 years ago but working out of Fort St. John in the Oil/Gas Industry left no time to explore around here given all the game up north and so little time to hunt when I did get out it was up there for a day or afternoon here and there.
    Quit work up there and I'm in Kamloops for good now and I'd like to take my wife out and start her with a little bird hunting.

Anyone willing to PM me with a spot to find a few grouse? Not looking to fill the freezer, just pick off half a dozen.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kamloops area grouse help

Just about every road that leaves Kamloops has grouse on it. Start driving and walk the side roads. It is hunting after all. It wouldn’t be fun if we told you where to shoot them haha. But seriously. The interior is covered in grouse. Might be a low population year but hit 3-18/19. Should have no issue at all.

pm inbound good spot..start on the 10th before i bring the kids there..lol not kidding

lol like every other fsr out there i imagine?

NO grouse for you ! RJ

no i gave him a great spot should do well.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous. Season just started and you're asking where to find grouse lol? Smfh...
    Sounds like a troll post to me. Good for a laugh. At least I hope it is. Lol

Up the sawmill, around Saul lake. Just walking some old game trails in the evening with the .22. I’ve taken some trophy sized blues. Hiking around opax as well. It’s a nice area, and gets you out of the truck. There’s deer and bears in there too. Come to think of it, it was one of my favourite places for a relaxing hike, close to home, and always came home with a couple grouse in the pack.

Grouse can be found on just about any FSR around region 3, but this year does seem to be a low year from what I've seen this spring and so far this fall now.

Thanks everyone, most of my hunting has been in region 8 and 7b, kind of figured they’d be most everywhere but I haven’t touched the ground in 4 years yet in region 3. Now that I’m working here that will change.
    Have no fear I won’t ask for your deer or moose honey holes, I seem to have no problem finding big game. Sometimes getting close enough can be a problem or bad timing but I will find them.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR