Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My son turned 10 today! CORE time

My son turned 10 today! CORE time

My son turns 10 years old today, so first things first, time to get him his CORE. I did the online demo and his attention span for computer learning isn't the greatest, however, he's a strong reader. What do you guys recommend? In class lessons don't seem to be a thing anymore, should I just buy the textbook and work on it with him in the evenings? Or go the online route?

2. Site Sponsor

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Re: My son turned 10 today! CORE time

Go with the Textbook. Much quicker to open up and go back and fro. Make sessions short and interesting and be sure he comes out of every session with a smile.

Happy Birthday

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

make sure you buy the latest core book it now has questions on FN, and then he can challenge the test .. 1 test is written test the other is a practical

What is the turnaround from completing the course to being about to buy tags? My boy just turned 8 at the end of August (I know he has to be 10 to be considered a youth hunter), but I'd love for him to do the course as soon as he turns 10 and get him out for youth season days later. If it's possible of course

I don't think a few days will do it, you have to challenge the test, wait for results, wait for the confirmation and then send it to the BCWF to get your FWID, which is mailed. My wife did it a couple years ago and it took a few weeks.

Dammit. Ok, thanks for the reply

I did it this summer for my son and you can pay extra for expedited return delivery which you can get a turnaround in less than a week.
    You then go online and can get your FWID and then you can purchase tags.

We purchased the book from BCWF and then challenged the test when he was good to go.

Nice!!! Thanks for that info!

My kids all have their core. It only took a few days to get their hunter numbers by paying the extra for express post. They took the test on the weekend, had it marked, given the paperwork. On Monday we sent it off and had it back by Friday.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

I believe you can take it a little before 10. Then finish the paperwork at 10.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.