Thread: Bandages

Bandages

I knocked over a jetboil on my ankle about 30km and 4 days into a 9 day hunt and burned it fairly badly. The skin came off immediately on my ankle and burned the inner arch and toes of the same foot. I cleaned it up pretty good and put a non stick pad on it during the day, rinsed it in glacial water every morning and night and tried to let it air dry in camp in the late afternoon to get it to scab over. But that’s not why I started this thread.

For some reason when I got home and put some polysporin on it and had a shower it started to look a little infected so I went to the hospital to get it cleaned up properly and see if I needed some antibiotics.

The nurse who cleaned up the wound put one of these bandages on and gave me 4 more to use over the next week or so. She said they could stay on for 3 days at a time, fully waterproof and had a non-stick gauze built in. Just thought I’d share in case someone wanted to throw them in their kit. I haven’t looked at where to buy these, but I know someone who works at the hospital and is sourcing some for me.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bandages

Bad spot for a burn, hope you heal up soon Bustercluck!

Looks like a bunch of different sizes on Amazon, heal well Bcluck
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

What type of bandages are people talking about here? I would love to check them out. Can never be too prepared.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Thanks guys. I should be back to 100% before moose hunting at the end of the month.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Nasty sounding injury, glad you seem to be healing and got some attention to it. All the best, hopefully doesn't keep you outta the woods for too long.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

I had to get some 2 years ago for my son. Great bandages! Expensive.
    Last edited by Whipper Billy; 09-09-2020 at 10:04 AM.