Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Increasing sleep comfort in the hills

Re: Increasing sleep comfort in the hills

3-4 ounces of sambuca does wonders when you’re completely exhausted. Definitely worth the weight.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    3-4 ounces of sambuca does wonders when you’re completely exhausted. Definitely worth the weight.
    Sambuca is for 19 year old girls

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    Exped-9, as good as it gets without sleeping on a bed, or a cot.
    I'll second this. Been using Exped's for years and you just can't beat them. As with all quality gear - buy once, cry once.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Sambuca is for 19 year old girls
    I’m past the days of proving my manliness by drinking straight whiskey. I think I’ve already drank two lifetimes worth of whiskey, so I stick to stuff with less adverse effects.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

i'm not a high country anything........just a low country, getting phat and old, guy

5 years ago did the bowron lakes and because i have back problems, knee problems.........heck now it seems my problems have problems.......we bought the exped 7

one of the best things ever purchased

i have amortized it down to about $25 per sleep now............(i don't get out much)

no idea if it meets your weight restrictions, yet it appears quite durable, and oooooooh that goose down provides a good barrier between you and mother earth

as HC says, buy once, cry once

Neo air all season xl, crunchy like a bag of chips but I got used to it. I like it .

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I’m past the days of proving my manliness by drinking straight whiskey. I think I’ve already drank two lifetimes worth of whiskey, so I stick to stuff with less adverse effects.
    For some reason, whiskey seems to hurt my face and knuckles

I went to REI to buy an Exped - I walked out with a Sea to Summit. They didn't have the exped I wanted. The Sea to Summit is incredible. I'm a side sleeper as well. This is 100% better than the ole thermarest. absolutely worth a few extra $$. I had my old thermarest for 20 years - and then my kids lost it. I'm happy to spend a few extra bucks on something I can actually sleep on.

I use the downmat 9 lw for late season and the synmat ul for sheep hunting.

I've tried a few combos, what works for me( side or stomach sleeper) is the Thermarest neo air Xtherm, and a Thermarest Z-lite underneath. The Z lite comes with me during the day for a glassing seat pad.