Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novice looking for hunting buddy/mentor

Novice looking for hunting buddy/mentor

I'm a very new hunter in the Okanagan area but willing to travel. I'm looking for a hunting partner or partners for this fall hunting season.

I am a university student in his early 20s. If you're looking for company on hunting trips or would like to help a newbie learn the ropes (or know anyone who would) please message me.

I am happy to contribute gas money/bullets/dollar for trouble.
    Last edited by halfanapress; 09-05-2020 at 11:13 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Novice looking for hunting buddy/mentor

If you're at UBCO there's a BHA chapter with folks that can help you right at the university. I can put you in touch with them if you PM me.

Unfortunately myself and hunting buddy head out for four weeks of chasing moose tomorrow, otherwise we are pretty local.. keep in touch, I should have a spare weekend or two during any buck season, or if you get help from someone else don't hesitate to hit us up for some spring bear action.. my favorite !

Quote Originally Posted by halfanapress View Post
    I'm a very new hunter in the Okanagan area but willing to travel. I'm looking for a hunting partner or partners for this fall hunting season.

I am a university student in his early 20s. If you're looking for company on hunting trips or would like to help a newbie learn the ropes (or know anyone who would) please message me.

I am happy to contribute gas money/bullets/dollar for trouble.
    What do you mean "dollar for trouble?"

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    Pretty cut and dry . As mentioned gas money , bullets , food, gear usage . The list is endless. I'm sure some would jump on that as "illegal guiding" or some dumb shit . And besides I'm sure when somebody takes him out it will most likely be probono except for the obvious
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    Pretty cut and dry . As mentioned gas money , bullets , food, gear usage . The list is endless. I'm sure some would jump on that as "illegal guiding" or some dumb shit . And besides I'm sure when somebody takes him out it will most likely be probono except for the obvious
    If it was cut and dry, the question wouldn't have been asked. Thanks for your interpretation of what the OP was getting at. Personally, I don't find any part of hunting troublesome.

Butcher:
    "If you're at UBCO there's a BHA chapter with folks that can help you right at the university. I can put you in touch with them if you PM me."

I'm actually in that club! they haven't been too active on their facebook/instagram pages, which is why I'm looking for folks here. ITs kina hard to network with them because new posts seem to directly to the bottom, beneath stickied official posts.
    Last edited by halfanapress; 09-08-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post

I just mean to indicate that I don't expect a free ride. I'm not asking for commercial guiding services or anything like that., I intend to "chip in" if someone takes me out with thier truck/boat/atv etc., just as any decent person would.

still on the hunt

Sent you a pm