Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any bow hunters finding elk yet?

Any bow hunters finding elk yet?

I’m in 4-8, same place I was last year. Last year I got in pretty deep and found a bunch of sign and managed to call one in but he was silent and I didn’t know until it was too late and he didn’t quite get into bow range. This year I hit the same spot and no sign at all. Not hearing anything yet (probably has something to do with the lack of sign haha) so I’m going to hike to another spot.

Hopefully it cools down a bit and they start talking. The moonlight is pretty bright at night so that might make it a little harder too but I don’t have to be home until the 10th so we’ll see what happens.

Anyone hearing anything or having success?

Good luck!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any bow hunters finding elk yet?

Someone in a friends group got one near Creston. Don’t know the details yet.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Yes. One came in silent to calling and raking. The other screamed at his cows as he ran away. Wind was horrible so couldn't chase.

Will try again tomorrow.

Have anyone thought about using a blind and a stink bucket?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Well shit. Just about to the top of a crappy climb and stop to have lunch to find out my bugle tube fell off my pack. Without a trail I don’t know if it’s worth trying to go back and find it. Hopefully my cow call game is good.

Are they talking up north?

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Well shit. Just about to the top of a crappy climb and stop to have lunch to find out my bugle tube fell off my pack. Without a trail I don’t know if it’s worth trying to go back and find it. Hopefully my cow call game is good.
    Shit. Raw deal. Cup the hands and let Er rip ��

Haha yeah. Since Tomorrow is Sunday and Monday is a holiday I don’t have much hope running into civilization and finding a new tube. I cut the bottom off a Gatorade bottle and it sounds ok I guess. If anyone has an extra close to Salmo let me know hahaha. Man, I carry extras of a bunch of junk but it’s a good lesson about a bugle tube.

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    If you use the mouth reed then try without a tube...can't get the low echoey growl as good but the high pitch usually ain't too far off....

Tons of bulls bugling where we are. Action every hunt so far. Got one spike bull hanging and hoping to get a big boy but they are being quite crafty and staying in the thick stuff when they come into bow range.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...