Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Region 2 3x3 down with a bow... 3 hour stalk!

Re: Region 2 3x3 down with a bow... 3 hour stalk!

And, we are off for 2020!!
    Congrats.

Thanks all. I woke up feeling like it was all a dream but I am all sore and there's a bunch of deer cooling in the fridge and photos on the interweb so I guess it really happened.

I don't think I will every forget that adventure despite only having some bits and pieces on video.

Nice, way to get her done.

Well done caddisguy, no easy feat, enjoy every bit of that venison you deserve it...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    Awesome and congrats on your deer! Steve isdahl (proguide) once said in a video that he does the same thing if seen by deer. Scratch your ear type stuff, don’t make direct eye contact. DONT act like a predator. Look around scan the area casually and you can get closer to a deer. Looks like it paid off for you!
    Oh fully agree. Once you're busted, you're busted. At that point it's rapport building.

Taking a few obvious steps, exaggerated scratching, stuff predators just don't do. It's very effective with does and the last thing you need is for a doe to blow you out with the old snort and stomp.

I've had does stiff with the leg up ready to stomp at least a dozen times and making myself obvious and neutral relaxes them everytime.

This was the first time I tried to get super close though. I figured she would reevaluate me in short order and sound the alarm.

I still wonder what the deal was with her hanging around sniffing my hat and hoodie i left on a branch as we were about to get started with field dressing.

I wonder if she has has a crush on me or if she was getting a good whiff to sound the alarm from now on if she smells me within 5km

Awesome story!!!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I put together a little video of the bow hunt trip from the little amount I had to work with. A lot of it is shot on a cell phone that only does 4x digtal zoom. Usual blair witch style and a lot of voice over narration. Hopefully it is still somewhat palatable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdub3ZX4Is

Against all odds you did it caddis congratulations! Great write up pics and video thanks for bringing us along on your adventure. Congrats to you both
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Against all odds you did it caddis congratulations! Great write up pics and video thanks for bringing us along on your adventure. Congrats to you both
    Thanks Salty! Everything aligned somehow. I should buy a lotto ticket.

caddisgirl says hello! And we are wishing you a great season.

We'll be trying to stalk deer with a camera (freezers are all stuffed with bear and deer) and giving the birds a little heck.

I'm excited about the season. Fall is such a beauty time to be out there. I might just go look for my arrow this weekend (broadhead must have snagged and pulled out the arrow out) and maybe hang another camera. I haven't seen too many birds around there so far this season but might poke around a bit too.

nice, thanks for sharing your hunt. Nothing like venison and some mushrooms..I like smothering the mushrooms in garlic .