Thread: Region 2 3x3 down with a bow... 3 hour stalk!

Threaded View

Re: Region 2 3x3 down with a bow... 3 hour stalk!

So here's a a couple pics to give a visual of how the doe and buck were situated. The doe is bedded down and you can see her head / ears between the trees on the other side of the log. I thought the attempt was doomed at this point but in the end she let me creep up beside her and put an arrow in him.

And a ways up the hill beyond her is the buck I want to get within 20 yards of... Pretty much dead center in this pic. Rear end of the right side of the tree, head coming on the left... vitals covered of course lol ... doe is 20 yards he is 40 yards, yet somehow have to creep up and get an angle on him

I feel like I did the impossible getting behind these deer to begin with, let alone getting passed the doe test and only getting detected by the buck finally at that 20 yard range. Him jumping up and letting my identify him and pause enough that I could fling an arrow was all bonus. Everything aligned... so many things. Un-freakin-believable. I must have had a horse shoe in my arse. I can't explain it any other way. Seems like a dream yet there's a bunch of meat cooling in the refrigerator so I guess it really happened.

I never did stumble upon my arrow. I remember seeing the glow of the lighted nock when he ran off. It looked like it sunk all the way in, so I am guessing the G5 was poking out the other side and snagged on something along the way that pulled it through. I might check around next weekend and check those trailcams as well. No freezer room to hunt any big game but still have to get out there and mess about.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 09-05-2020 at 05:20 AM.