Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baofeng uv82 radios

Baofeng uv82 radios

I bought myself a cheap baofeng uv 82 radio thinking that I could program some channels in to listen for logging trucks. Boy was I ever wrong. I spent a pile of time trying to figure it out but the instructions are awful. Has anyone else had much luck with programming frequencies into them? If anyone can give me some pointers I could really use them right now. I just ordered a cable to connect it to the computer because I'm hopeful that will be simple.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Baofeng uv82 radios

I'm a computer dummy. I used CHIRP to program my 5Rs ( RR channels, LADD channels, plus some locals), and it was relatively simple.

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

X2, use the program Chirp, its just like a spreadsheet. It took me a bit to get it to work and then i noticed a drop down menu item I had missed.

X3 You can get a special USB cable from amazon to connect the radio to your computer. using the program makes it simple.

All I do is keep a screenshot with the common frequencies on my phone and when I see what road number it is (i.e RR27) I change to frequency mode and type in the corresponding frequency number from the chart. I've been lazy and haven't bothered to program anything or figure anything else out but this has worked great for me so far.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

The 82 are harder and more complicated to program, but I do mine no prob after a lot of trial and error, but pre load a ton of channels with Chirp then can still add manually when on the road
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

I used chirp for mine as well
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

I use chirp. It’s incredibly easy to use.

Programming channels is unnecessary.
    Get a list, like Dash provided for the area and use the frequency mode to punch in the frequency.

https://www.google.com/search?q=baof...Hu-gSq0bSYCw28
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

To beat the horse completely dead. Get chirp. There is tons of videos on the tube. Easy peazey.

save the file and you can do your buddies radios too.

untill you get that figured. By all means use others advice by staying in frequency mode and manually typing in frequencies.