Thread: Stikine Boat launch

Stikine Boat launch

Just checking who is going and when. We are going 2 boats 4 guys.

PM's are fine.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stikine Boat launch

I sincerely appreciate any that have the balls to stand up for their right to hunt, maybe I am getting too old and jaded. The unwritten law of the land seems to be that resident hunters have zero rights, losing more every day. I absolutely want the very best for everybody, including the natives, but I do not feel the current direction things are going is sustainable. Maybe for a generation or two...

I have an acquaintance that has the stikine draw with his daughters. He is going. I think second week september. He called the COs about the launch. They told him to move the barriers if they are in place.

really??? I kind of doubt that any gov't employee would have the guts to say that. Having said that, the biologist in Smithers told me that they did not support these "monitoring stations" and wouldn't get involved unless confrontations turned violent. I heard CBC say that the RCMP and the conservation service were going to back up the Tahltans, but the biologist said that was not true

Quote Originally Posted by argyle1 View Post
    really??? I kind of doubt that any gov't employee would have the guts to say that. Having said that, the biologist in Smithers told me that they did not support these "monitoring stations" and wouldn't get involved unless confrontations turned violent. I heard CBC say that the RCMP and the conservation service were going to back up the Tahltans, but the biologist said that was not true
    The C.B.C (Communist Broadcasting corporation of Canada) the right hand of the Provincial NDP and Federal Liebral Party. I would expect nothing less of them.

iirc I think the news said that the Tahltan have 'asked for assistance' from CO and RC's, someone misquoted.
    CBC wrong? Could it be?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole