Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get in trouble with CO about Hunting with both Rifle and Bow beofore?

Re: Anyone get in trouble with CO about Hunting with both Rifle and Bow beofore?

no issue carrying gun and bow...

only time i got questioned on it was a undereducated cop. he also told me it wasnt hunting season on sept 3rd..

Re: Anyone get in trouble with CO about Hunting with both Rifle and Bow beofore?

SXP Pump wearing short furniture always strapped on my back during string and stick season, hangs in the blind beautifully too. To me it would seem much easier to explain (shotgun no scope obviously) than if your packing your .300 during the whitey bow opener.
    It has been my experience in the wild that the SXP is every bit the predator deterrent that any rifle has been save half the weight.
    (No I have not run into a Griz in this configuration and make the most effort to avoid any aforementioned predator surprises while in their domain)
    Hope this helps and good luck
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

I've carried both bow/crossbow and a rifle or shotgun in the truck lots during deer bow season and the only thing I've ever been asked is to show the firearm is unloaded while in the truck.

Whether for protection, predators, bear or other open seasons, or just to sight it in while you are already out, it doesn't really matter. There are no laws in BC stating you can't carry a firearm during bow season, or any other season, whether there are any hunting seasons or not for that matter (besides maybe some provincial or national parks). They'd have to be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you were in fact hunting deer with the rifle in bow only season. Unless they find a deer you've shot with a bullet in it or obvious bullet wound compared to archery wound, they would be hard pressed to have anything stand up in court IF they for some reason attempted to charge you with anything.

Thanks everyone. I'll be carrying my scoped remington 783 30-06 so it's not quite as defensive looking as a shotgun. I just didn't want to get into those weird gray situations. Like hiking with a rifle in the summer then running into a herd of deer, only to be fined for hunting deer off season.

Open Bear Season with Rifle and Bow - All Legal !
    Open Deer Season with Bow - All Legal !

Should NOT ! even be a disscussion with a CO unless your Deer has a BULLET hole in it ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Open Bear Season with Rifle and Bow - All Legal !
    Open Deer Season with Bow - All Legal !

Should NOT ! even be a disscussion with a CO unless your Deer has a BULLET hole in it ! RJ
    This^^
    Pretty simple.

I spoke with a co on a similar subject. I have pal/rpal and a hunting licence wife has pal/rpal but no hunting licence so my question was after running into a grizzly kill with dog how would you view my wife who does not have a hunting licence carrying a gun for defence, answer was if she has relevant documentation ie. pal and it was loaded with slugs or buck shot no problem but if it was loaded with bird shot and choked accordingly he would not be happy. He said that it came down to intent. I would argue that a bow with a defender shotgun is no different a scoped rifle should be the same but call and ask

There would be absolutely no problem if you had bear and deer tags.

The only issue I can think of with this is I don't believe you're allowed to have more than one weapon loaded and ready to go. Might be an issue if you're out walking and carrying your loaded crossbow as well as having a loaded rifle over your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    The only issue I can think of with this is I don't believe you're allowed to have more than one weapon loaded and ready to go. Might be an issue if you're out walking and carrying your loaded crossbow as well as having a loaded rifle over your shoulder.
    and let me guess you cant hunt canada geese eitheir?