Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Santa Rosa Road?

Re: Santa Rosa Road?

Drove it a month ago. They weren’t hauling on it at that point. Some commercial traffic though as the were laying down high speed internet cables.

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post
    I watch a feller buncher surrounded by elk, they would devour all of the old mans beard off of the felled trees.Bow hunters got 3 bulls from that clearcut .I got one about a km away from the work area.Saw several more .I guess it all depends.They were logging 24 -7
    Interesting. that's good to know as I've been avoid fresh cuts after what happened last year. thanks for sharing.

Hey Jag,
    Take the powerline road out off Santa Rosa from the Lake side going to the south east if you have a truck with some weight, many opportunities along the right of way. Santa Rosa main is a dusty busy road with tons of logging activity and oh yeah all the Albertans from the lake who haven't left the province yet. Good luck, harvested many an animal up there over the years including last, lots of great shady pockets and elevated wet areas to check out. If you plan on staying in Christina Lake there is a good Elk opportunity between Fife and Santa Rosa, I have worn out 3 sets of boots trying to catch up or suck in herd many times, they seem to travel back and forth from the Fife side to Trout main on the Santa Rosa side with water right in the middle. Good luck and PM for more info
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm