Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Started dogs

Re: Started dogs

Once a dog has gotten through his/her training there's very little need for an e collar unless you just have it on the dog in case you expect something out of the ordinary and you need to refocus the dog.

A good analogy would be learning to ride a bike with a hemet on. Once you know how to ride one, though, you really don't need it,,,,,except we continueto wear one because of that unseen, seemingly out of no where emergency situation that's out there.

I like having the collar on my dog because it has a beeper on it that can be heard up to 300 yards away. It's good to use as a locator and when she hears three quick tweets on it she knows I want her coming back to me. It's been great on hikes! It can also be set to beep every 8 seconds when the dog is on point which is great, as well.

Can't tell you how many times one of my brittanies was on point in heavy cover without me knowing where she was, even when she was as little as 10 yards away.

Didn't need it yesterday, though, even though she had it on since we were in a new area.

Last edited by mastercaster; 09-06-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Great analogy using the bike helmet, never seen 1 helmet last couple times I was in Amsterdam, but seen plenty of people riding bikes

Woot, great pic Mastercaster! I can say X2 on having the e-collar on but not needing it. She knows its there, but doesn't know if it is on or off.