Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wall tent wood stoves

Wall tent wood stoves

who sells stoves. I've seen the Cabelas Camp Chef but, where can I look for other options for my 12 x 14 wall tent
    Resident Hunter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wall tent wood stoves

Deluxe wall tents, polar bear industries,

I think I used a 22" tin airtight. Bigger the stove, more you can stuff in it, the longer the burn time. I bought the first one at Otter Co-Op . The second one at Northern Hardware in PG.They have to be babied, even then the heat will warp the inlet. They then can run away and burn you out. You need a damper as well as a cap. I think I used four lengths of 6" stove pipe. If that smokes in wind storms get another length.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    I think I used a 22" tin airtight. Bigger the stove, more you can stuff in it, the longer the burn time. I bought the first one at Otter Co-Op . The second one at Northern Hardware in PG.They have to be babied, even then the heat will warp the inlet. They then can run away and burn you out. You need a damper as well as a cap. I think I used four lengths of 6" stove pipe. If that smokes in wind storms get another length.
    Use the same thing although 24" (Hippy Killer).

Over the years have learned not to run them wide open, about 3/4 on the air intake is about max or you will warp the butterfly and burn out the liner prematurely.

On the butterfly air damper it is worthwhile to 'punch' the rivet when needed so the damper isn't too free to move. This helps if the stove 'burps' in the middle of the night the damper will stay where you set it, instead of rattling wide open and have the stove in the run away mode.

Another thing is don't put the sheet metal legs on, real fragile, but instead put bricks under it.

Lots for a 12x14 tent, you won't be cold and nice to have dry clothes/boots to put on in the morning.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Some good advice there. I got lazy and brought some floordry from work for the bottom instead of getting ashes or dirt. Sand or new kitty litter also works good. I made a angle iron stand instead of bricks.

Get a diesel heater instead of wood burning, why worry about wood!

https://www.deluxewalltents.com/diesel-heaters/
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I bought a stove from somebody in Abbotsford who built them a few years ago and I've been very happy with it stoke it at night and I never had to wake up during the night to put more wood in it

Surplus Herbies

Maybe check that RE MacDonald Stoves and Stones, place in Langley, Aldergrove.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Thanks all. Happy hunting
    Resident Hunter