Well, I guess I get to see if the warranty on Excalibur Crossbows is as good as I’ve been led to believe they are.

Long story short, I just got back from a solo 4-day archery season bull moose hunt on the Firebag River a couple hours from home in Northern Alberta.

Yesterday morning I cocked the crossbow with no issue and about a half hour later I hear a loud snapping sound. A quick look finds the left hand limb has a 1” wide by 8” long by 1/8” thick section hanging off of it. It appears to be a flaw in the limb and a de-lamination occurred.

The crossbow is a 440 Bulldog model and was bought new less than a year ago. It has only been used by me and has never been dropped or dry-fired. This was only the second time using the crossbow in the field. It’s been transported in a case since day one and has been shot I’m guessing about 50 times. So, I’m guaranteeing it is not any form of operator error that caused the issue.

Crap happens and to date I’ve been very happy with my Excalibur purchase. It is amazingly accurate out to the 70 yards that I’ve practiced to and with the Charger crank it is very easy to use.

I’ve filled out the online RMA at Excalibur and I’m just waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully I can just send the limbs away and get replacements. I’ve got a southern Alberta archery Mule deer hunt planned in 5 weeks so I’m hoping for a quick turn around time.