Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bear problem...

Re: Bear problem...

Some good ldeas...
    Thanks!
    Will try Pinesol this week...

Is making a ground blind from natural material an option, branches ect an option? Maybe throw some burlap over it At least it wont cost you much $$ ??
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Have you considered getting a bear tag? CO would have a hard time claiming that the blind was bait.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    Good question. I guess you would have to ask the people who use them to scare bears off at some of the industrial camps or the guys who use them to dissuade polar bears in some northern towns. I know that under certain circumstances I would have no problem using them. Think Grizzly showing up in your camp late at night.
    Rubber Slugs are considered wildlife harrassment by CO's,,I do this for a living, and we are not allowed to use them,,shock rounds are okay,,,,no projectile

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Electric Fence keeps anything off including Black & Grizzly Bears, just more Gear to lug around.
    Btw. no more needed Fiberglass 3/8" Tent poles make excellent electric Fence posts. Small ATV Battery supplies ample power.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Margo Supplies in Alberta has the best electric fences that Ive found

How about a .45 bullet, if not a .338? Usually disuades them pretty quickly I find.

Joke aside, seems like there's pretty good suggestions. I too have heard cayenne pepper is a pretty good deterrent.

Bear in mind there are a few methods described but you may need to be the bearer of bad news for that bruin and dispatch him....
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by WelderGuy View Post
    Rubber Slugs are considered wildlife harrassment by CO's,,I do this for a living, and we are not allowed to use them,,shock rounds are okay,,,,no projectile
    Thanks for the info. Did not know this.

not legall but what about a blunt on a arrow...

i found most hazing doesnt work and at my house on the farm for my neighbours and i its normally a 250 grain accoubond going 2900 fps works the best then the knives come out.