Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: woohoo,,less than 2 weeks to go

woohoo,,less than 2 weeks to go

well,,,,we all for the most part almost done the count down sequence till opening day,,,less than 2 weeks to go,,,cant come fast enough.Finished all my scouting in all 4 corners of the loops,,,,,,and things looking pretty good,,,,,,,lots water this year,,,,been seeing alot of ducks/geese in areas that i havent seen them in for at least 5-6 years,,gonna be a good water fowl banger this year,,,,,,,,,grouse numbers seem to be a bit on the low side this year,,,,but have seen a few decent pockets holding some good blues and ruffies,,,,,and small handfull of spruce,,,,,,rabbit numbers still seem alittle patchy as well,,,,but there still a few good pockets of em around,,,,,,my whitetail spots seem to be aprox the same as last year,,,,averaging seeing 1 buck to every 6-10 does,,,,,,mule deer same as last year so far as i can tell,,,,,,i have a spot picked out finally out of city limits to take a crack at some of these collared doves,,,,all in all,,,,should be an awesome year,,,,,,cant wait to really get back into the whitetail frame of mind,,,,,,,all tagged up and ready to let er rip,,,,,sure there is TONS of others with that itch and ready to scratch,,,,,,,,,,wish you all the best of luck this year,,,,,,,B-rad
    Aim small,,miss small

2. Site Sponsor

Re: woohoo,,less than 2 weeks to go

Two weeks? What have you been doing? Seasons been hot and heavy for almost a month!

I'm seeing a decent amount of WT bucks & does with a good buck/doe ratio from my observations...I saw a absolute hammer in a area when I was fishing so I'll be trying to target that guy.....my other primary goals for this season will be to harvest my first 6 pt elk, and to harvest a deer while my 7 year old son is with me...lol him and I found a good little pocket of WT's where we set up a T cam so harvesting a buck in that area where we scouted together would be extremely rewarding...

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Two weeks? What have you been doing? Seasons been hot and heavy for almost a month!

we are in Kamloops. Fun doesn’t start until the 10th!

lol,,,,only thing i can be doing right now,,,huntin rabbit and scouting,,,,,,counting trees,,,pine cones,,,,,braiding the grass,,,,,
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    lol,,,,only thing i can be doing right now,,,huntin rabbit and scouting,,,,,,counting trees,,,pine cones,,,,,braiding the grass,,,,,
    Be more productive. Find all the trail cameras other hunters put in YOUR area and pee on them ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    we are in Kamloops. Fun doesn’t start until the 10th!
    I get it, I’m close to you, but trucks have wheels, Highways lead to other regions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I get it, I’m close to you, but trucks have wheels, Highways lead to other regions, etc.
    absolutely, but I put in dozens and dozens of hours scouting locally, might as well use that than go somewhere else for a shot in the dark.. an extra month to prepare doesn’t hurt either I mean it feels like just yesterday I was bear hunting lol

You're right. There's a lot of untapped local hunting. I'm just impatient, September 10 is so far away!

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Be more productive. Find all the trail cameras other hunters put in YOUR area and pee on them ^^
    ,,,,,,lmao,,,i guess that would make for some interesting trail cam footage
    Aim small,,miss small